1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSX Copies with CDDA: Not working

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rjsec4ever, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjsec4ever

rjsec4ever Well-Known Member

So, I soft-modded the slim PS2 for the PSX games.
    Using Alcohol 120%, I made copies of Intelligent Qube, Tomba, and Klonoa: worked perfectly.

Now, games with CDDA files; Doom, Pac-Man World, Pong, Wipeout series, etc.; will run, but no music will play in the console. The tracks, however, are physically there!

Is there any special way to burn these?

My mod involves the puny switch inside being held and swapping disks after PS logo appears... please help ASAP. ... I SO wanna play PSX Doom on the TV again.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It's an issue with the game's rip format.

I once got a copy of resident evi survivor and some music was missing...it was mdf/mds format.

But I recently got the game, ripped it as an iso...and it's a perfect copy.

Mortal kombat trilogy is another-game music is missing only hit sounds are there.

Tekken 3 as well-insert the one from here and you can hear the music in a cd player but in the credits the music just disappears...

It's an issues with the format used I believe.

3. rjsec4ever

I wonder if re-making the image will work...

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not as is, my thought is that these might have been made during early psx dumping.

If you could locate the actual disc and make it in iso format and compare to the one's here it's worth a try.

I know it's the image because emulator or psx/ps2-music is lost in same places.

5. rjsec4ever

I'm doing Pong right now. Maybe you could DL and burn it using Alcohol; see what your results are. I HAD originals of these back in 2004 and sadly are all broken by my younger cousins. :(

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Just badly scrathed or broken?

Here is something weird...

I had a copy of simpson's hit and run-it failed to work (the original disc) so I tried to burn it...

After an hour of watching error reports and hearing my burner go nutz...I had a copy that worked better than the original XD

Try this-but doesn't work if it takes longer than 4 hours as I had...Gran turismo 2 PAL is lost...

And I can't download anything, after this last game (800mb) my net is gonna slow down...only enough data left for forum posting :(

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

games ripped with cdda must be ripped to bin/cue, .iso cannot handle audio tracks.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

But answer this-a copy of resident survivor lacked sound...it was in mdf/mds format, however I forgot where I obtained that so I will use...

Mortal kombat trilogy-my first ever download, it lacked music during gameplay.

I recently obtained the actual, tommoro I might rip that as an iso and burn that to see if that works.

All I know is a few games I've had do infact lose sound depending on format.

9. Loonylion

try making an ISO of an audio CD, you'll see what I mean.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hrm...I'd made a copy for my mother of the transformers sound track just recently...it worked...not perfectly...but that is her stereo's problem.

But any explanation to why a copy of resident evil survivor had NO cutscene speech, yet after I made a direct iso conversion it worked?

People have reported this game to have issues, both on psp, and epsxe.

So far the real disc and the copy I made (being mint...I thought I'd protect it) is working better than the downloaded one.

I'll try tommoro with mortal kombat and another music cd and see how I go.

Sorry to argue but this is something I've been wanting to work out.

11. Loonylion

only games that use the CD audio spec will not work as direct ISO, that is games that can also be played in a CD player. Imgburn will not let you use ISO format for discs containing CD audio tracks.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Well it somehow worked on the ransformers soundtrack...weird, I didn't think so ethier...

I MUST do this tommoro, currently I can't acess my external drive..the laptop's drive doesn't make good iso type copies...yet reads blueray fine XD

13. rell

rell Well-Known Member

can you pm me telling me how you soft-modded your psx??

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

He said ps2, not psx.

Is your psx a really old one-apparently the first gen psx's don't need any chips-just hear the motor and swap disc trick.

15. rell

rell Well-Known Member

thats actually what i meant,typo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.