1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSX Burning

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Manny29, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manny29

Manny29 Member

Hi I just downloaded Resident Evil for PSX but the download folder didn't contain an .iso file. There were only .ccd, .cue, .img, .sub. How can I burn this to play on my PSX?

-Thanks

2. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Use image burn to create one.

http://www.imgburn.com/

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The IMG file is a Disc Image file. ISO is also a Disc image file. So is BIN. There are numerous different types of Disc images. The other files, CUE, SUB, CCD, are used by the burning software to tell it how things are located on the original disc, other smaller pieces of info, etc.

4. Manny29

Manny29 Member

So should I just brun the .img file? I'm using a burning program that has an option to burn .iso, but aside from that my only other options are audio/data burning. Does anyone use ISObuster?

5. TirithRR

Use IMGBurn, which Nex26 linked to.

Burn the IMG file, but keep the CUE, CCD, and SUB file in the same folder (like they are by default). Burn at the lowest speed possible.

6. Manny29

Manny29 Member

I tried to burn the .img file but IMGburn automatically selects the .ccd, the burned game doesn't play on my PSX. ???

7. TirithRR

The CCD file will point the software to the IMG file, so it should be fine.

Is your PSX modded, or are you using a disc swap method?

What brand of CD are you using?

8. Manny29

Manny29 Member

PSX is modded other burned/copied games work like originals. I'm using Maxell CD-R. I feel like a n00b, I can't figure out the problem.

Should I:
    - Write Image Files to Disc (the method I used earlier and failed which would only accept the .ccd)
    - Write Files/Folders to Disc

thanks again.

9. TirithRR

The extent of my PSX backup playing knowledge is "Use a quality program like IMGBurn, Use quality CDRs, and burn at the lowest speed setting".

Beyond that I have no real experience using a modded PSX.

Hopefully someone else has a better answer.

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Burn the image file with lowest speed on a quality CDR like Verbatim or TDK. ImgBurn should follow and load the .img file though when you choose to. Otherwise, you may need to use a different program.

11. Manny29

Manny29 Member

Nah I've tried BOTH IMGburn and Alcohol 120% and still the PSX won't load the game. I've created 2 coasters in the process. There must be a step i'm missing along the way. Both programs seem to want to burn the .ccd file. =s

PS- for imgBurn i have been trying to "write image file to disc"
    should i instead try to "write files/folders to disc"?

-edit-

I've noticed my cd-r says it may not be compatible at a 1x write speed. Could this be the root of my problems?

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Perhaps. Try using 4x.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.