1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSX burning, I need some clarification.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by regular_gamer, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. regular_gamer

regular_gamer Active Member

Alright,
    I have downloaded the game "Soul of the Samurai" for PSX, and I intend to play it on my mod-chipped ps1 console.
    When I Extracted the .rar archive, it gave me 3 files:
    Soul of the Samurai.CCD
    Soul of the Samurai.IMG
    Soul of the Samurai.SUB

I have quite a few questions regarding what I am supposed to do with these files:
    1- Do I have to convert the .IMG to a .ISO?
    2- If i do convert it to an ISO, Do I still need the CCD, and SUB?
    3- I just need some clarification as to what the CD needs to be able to play? (Fairly Detailed, I don't just want to know what's needed to get it to work, I want to know why.)
    4- I've downloaded another game, and all there is in it is a .BIN. I burned it as an image to a disk using clonecd, and it screwed up(stopped during the playstation logo screen) what have I done wrong?

Some istructions on how to properly burn the CD would also be very appreciated.( I already have quite a few wasted CD's, I don't really want to add to that collection.)
    Thanks,
    Jeremy.

(sorry if this is in the wrong section)

2. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I would say just open the image file with your burner, Id say nero would work great, and just burn.

3. regular_gamer

I went into CloneCD, and I burned it at 4x speed. When it finished I looked through the files and they seemed normal. So I popped it in my PS1, and It went through the sony screen, through the playstation screen, and then into the Konami screen, then it stopeed. the screen fades to black, and nothing happens.
    So, I'm guessing the file is corrupt, because I don't think I did anything wrong.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you burn the .cue file using cloneCD. if the other two are in the same folder it will pick them up and burn properly. Don't quote me on this, but I believe some brands of CDs are more sucessful than others.

@ Almo: in this instance Nero would not work, it can't handle .cue/.bin

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

oh, well i knew that, but he didnt state that any were bin/cue files, actually the only file i was familliar with was .IMG, never yeard of CCD or SUB.

6. Loonylion

.ccd/.img are equivalent to .cue/.bin and work the same way, you burn the .ccd in clonecd with the other two files in the same folder. .sub is merely extra data that isnt necessary for the game to run (often its sound tracks)

7. regular_gamer

When I Burn with CloneCD, Do I need any special burn settings? because there are a bunch of icons, (Data CD, Game Cd, AudioCD, ect.) all of which have special settings. Are there any necissary ones?

8. Loonylion

game CD should work

9. regular_gamer

okey, well I Downloded "Cusaders of might and magic" on PSX, bunred it with CloneCD with the "GameCD" settings, At 4X speed, and now the game isnt even recognized as a game on the Console.....
    It just goes right to that "CD player" "Mem card" screen.
    I do have two playstation1 systems, and only one of them has a mod-chip, so i guess there is the possibility that I am using the worng one, But I doubt it since I marked it when I first got it. ( i may have marked the wrong one). but whatever, I'm just going to screw around with a bunch of stuff that "may" be the problem.

PS,
    When I put the disk i just burned into my PC, it looks exactly like a regular game, lots of folders, lots of subfolders, and lots of files not in folders, so I know I'm on the right track ;D
    Any tips or suggestions are strongly needed, because I'm running low on solutions :'(
    Thanks,
    Jeremy.

10. mandimby

mandimby New Member

hI REGULAR GAMER

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, I DOWNLOADED THE BLOODY ROAR GAME AND I AM JUST AS STUCK AS YOU ARE. I HAVE ALL THE FILES BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHY IT DOES NOT PLAY ON THE PLAYSTATION

WRITE ME IF YOU HAVE ANY TIPS

MANDIMBY

11. vhiznu

vhiznu Well-Known Member

hmmm....
    try using imgburn.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.