1. This forum is in read-only mode.

psp

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by _luigi_, Jun 27, 2010.

1. _luigi_

_luigi_ Well-Known Member

i want to buy a new psp i have no idea what kind of psp good is or how you can download and play games.
    do you need something like an acekard to play those games? can you download these games on RomU?

please help me

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Haha! New people that go from DS to PSP are always confused and asking for an AK for the PSP. :p
    Don't worry, I was there a few months ago, but I researched it all before hand.

You need to have CFW (Custom Firmware) in order to play ISOs/downloaded games.

You can do it with a 3000 with firmware 5.03 or lower, but it's better to have a PSP 1000 or earlier 2000 model in order to have the best CFW. :)

I would suggest the Darth Vader/Star Wars edition of the PSP 2000 or the Daxter Ice Silver PSP-2000 models. They are fully hackable with GEN, and then from there you can get the newer update called Prometheus. No need to patch games.

If you're interested in going through with this, then I can give you links for the PSPs, help you hack it, and everything you will ever need to know about the PSP. :)

3. _luigi_

that hacking thing does it take long before you can play games?

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

No.

I can flash a PSP with the latest firmware in under 20 minutes. :)

5. _luigi_

ty
    Post Merge: [time]1277665434[/time]
    oh and the stuff that you need to download free games is that expensive
    Post Merge: [time]1277666092[/time]
    oh and can you give some links than where i can find some sources or other stuff?

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

www.pspslimhacks.com has most everything you'll need.

Everything is fairly cheap. The only thing you may need to buy is a Pandora Battery, which is about 5 or 6 dollars. Everything else is just downloaded.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

PSP grader v008 is what I use to install the initial CFW, but then I just update to GEN-D3 and then to Prometheus from there.

8. vince995

vince995 Well-Known Member

MY PSP IS PSP GO, in it is true that psp go can played the normal psp games ??
    would you like to tell me the links for free download psp go games ?

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You can't do that.
    It's impossible to run downloaded ISOs on the GO as of now.

You can run emulators though via the half-byte loader. :)

http://wololo.net/wagic/hbl/