1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP won't start

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by S.A.clovet, Aug 31, 2011.

1. S.A.clovet

S.A.clovet Member

So.....last night I restored my PSP to it's original factory settings and I thought everything went well, but.....the next morning when I opened it, it's so SLOW! So slow that it's like flickering, I learned that I have to enter at the recovery menu and set the xmb speed to default, and so I did, but now it won't load at all. I mean after the message "sony entertainment america" shows up it only stays there it doesn't go to the Home Menu.

can somebody help me?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You might have semi-bricked it somehow. I don't know to be honest. Just reflash it with CFW and it'll do fine.

3. S.A.clovet

S.A.clovet Member

sorry but.....can you tell me how? I'm kinda new at this.
    thank you very much for the reply

4. rell

rell Well-Known Member

wait..so your psp was at cfw and you brought it back to ofw?? My first question is..why?? and secondly are you sure that you actually updated to OFW? cause on CFW you can slow the speed of the XMB by pressing select..that sounds like what you did bud. Try pressing select and see if the menu pops up.

5. S.A.clovet

S.A.clovet Member

no....i'm still on cfw (5.50 prome-4) and i think that menu when you press select is called vshmenu right?
    yeah i can still open vshmenu.

Oh! and guys I fixed it.
    It seems that the XMB clock was set to 22 or something so i set it to default (222)
    Thanks a lot guys!!

but there's another problem......when i turn on my psp keys are not working :/ but i can access recovery menu
    maybe i'll just fix it some other day

anyway....THANKS A LOT FOR THOSE WHO REPLIED YOU REALLY HELPED ME A LOT :D

6. rell

rell Well-Known Member

well..yea thats basically what i was trying to tell you. the vsh menu crappitty crap crap. But yea im glad you figured out ur prob,your welcome :D