1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP-Which CFW

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by theunderling, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Will be making a MMS using Rains Ultralite mms for 5.00m33-4 but the rest of the guide is for CFW 5.00m33-6.
    So can I continue or do I need to install cfw 5.00m33-4 and the PSP will update it to 5.00m33-6.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You can update to v6 after v4 is in.

I did that-An older version of the guide I made installs v4.

Just need an official 5.00 firmware to complete-so if you got 5.00m33v4 and it has a "500.php" copy that-you may need it.

3. theunderling

Would you say I should use Rains v.4 to make mms, and use v.4 cfw for the psp.When I update,will v6 install,as I hope it dont jump past that onto a newer cfw.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Well you I can't see why you would jump past it-your using software on the system to do so-only if you update via a game (umd only) or via net will you go past.

Not sure about making an mms though-worth a shot.

Once you get a cfw working then you can recover semi-bricked psp's

(bricked-not working-semi means recovery functions can be activated-and that's when the pandora can be used to save it)

Us v4 for now-or if you have to locate v4 for install-grab v6 instead-it's not limited.

Like my guide-all components were for older types-hell cat's 1.4.0 and v4 firmware.

I swapped them with newer parts for an updated version with my own words for myself.

5. Gamer4life88266

Gamer4life88266 Active Member

Can i have a link to it please

6. theunderling

Sure can m8- https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=19465.0

Its a good guide,but I will be using a purchased Pandora Battery,so thats how I need a different guide,if you see what I mean

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

In my sig there is a software version of hacking-no pandora or mms needed-and it's free.

You want that or pandora still?

(if you use mine read it a few times before use-had 3 happy customers so far)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.