1. This forum is in read-only mode.

pSp Technical

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ace1o1, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

What is the firmware on your PSP 3000?

2. Chrissyboi

Chrissyboi Well-Known Member

Fukd if i know i just bought it from the shops on the 29th of january havent pluged it into my comp or anything yet i got a firmware update (mebe built in)

3. Chrissyboi

Okai just bought a psp slim 3000 the one that need that duo stick pro crap memory card to saved now im wondering which tuturiol i need to hack it. can anyone direct me to the forum page>?

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well, it's kinda important to know.

-Go all the way to the right once you turn your PSP on.
    -Go to System Settings
    -Go to System Information.
    -It will be there.

5. Chrissyboi

okai well kinda far from my psp atm lol but ill get back to that, 8gig or 4gog for storing games? providing if i can haxxmy psp?

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well, if your firmware is over 5.03...You're screwed.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

There is an exploit for 5.50, but the custom firmware options are limited.

There is talk about a 6.20 exploit in the works though, so wait and see what happens...

But the general advise is this-anything above 5.03 limits your options.

And the best memory stick for games is an OFFICIAL sony memory stick of 8gb or higher, if the magic gate protection isn't recognised by the psp or the card is an obvious cheap fake, expect poor proformance and or data issues.

So expect to pay SOME money, unless your willing to swap games in and out of a 4gb official constantly (with that 2 3 large games could fit, or 8 small ones, or 1000+ if it's just full of emulators XD)

8. Chrissyboi

PsP Technikal V2

okai my comp is being @#$ and cant load previous thread i made so here i am again i found me software is version 6.00
    is this good or bad?

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Re: PsP Technikal V2

Bad. You cannot hack your PSP 3000 if it is above 5.03 (5.50 actually).

And no, you cannot downgrade to a lower firmware.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

11. Chrissyboi

damn so im just guna havta wait for 6.2?

12. TirithRR

Yes, you'll have to wait. But don't hold your breath :)

It seems that pretty much every breakthrough is squashed by Sony before it gets out to the public and before anything other than the occasional homebrew or "hello world" is played on it.

13. Chrissyboi

righto so just upgrade to V6.20 and wait, ive looked at that save exploits but no idea what they mean as im not really into all that can sum1 explain please

14. TirithRR

Save exploits mean nothing to normal users. All the exploits do is cause buffer overflows in the program, etc, etc, hopefully leaving a hole to access the PSPs internal software through the game, using the faulty save file. If that happens, then there is a chance that hole could be use modify the internal software of the PSP. That's what the exploits are good for, accessing the internal software of the PSP.

But so far there hasn't been any public info on such exploits.

15. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

Might not be too bad. Some of the new game coming out dont work for the current
    firmware like Kingdom Heart Birth by Sleep. People are waiting for a patch but there
    may never be a patch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.