1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP slim 2000 5.02

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dragoonzero, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Dragoonzero

Dragoonzero Well-Known Member

Well i finally got my psp after coming back from another city so i ask is this psp hackable? Like to tile says it is a psp slim 2000 with firmware 5.02 it also came with Monster Hunter freedom unite and it asks to update to play so can anyone help?
    Oh yeah the firmware it asks is 5.03

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Go here and identify whether your PSP can be fully or partially hackable.
    or update your current firmware to 5.03, install chickHEN, and then run PSPIdent, and see whether your PSP motherboard has the older model, or not.
    If it is older model(TA088v2 or below), means it can be fully hackable.
    If not (TA088v3), means it can only be partially hackable.
    Read this thread for more details.

3. Dragoonzero

Dragoonzero Well-Known Member

Thats the problem,when i try to install chickHEN i simply fail and i don't know where because when i look on the pic folder on the psp is freezes and turn off,also is it true that a pandora battery would help or not?

4. meganova

That's how chickHEN works, your PSP will either successfull or freezes when loading it, if it not, just keep trying.
    Make sure h.bin file was placed on the root of your PSP as well, and have you updated to 5.03 before using it?

and try this modded chickHEN.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Just to add, green flash=working.

Also try resetting the psp to factory settings and have the original GRAY colour theme, anything else lowers success rate.

It's a bitch to start.

6. meganova

Actually, color theme doesn't effect much the chickHEN success rate, ::)
    but make sure to Restore to Default Settings before using it, with both UMD related settings on System Settings turned off.

Yeah, it is, but once you have identify your PSP motherboard and have an old model, you can install permanent CFW on it.