1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP Question.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by pilikia, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilikia

pilikia New Member

Do I need the Pandora battery to be able to put games on my
    psp

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You need Custom Firmware or a Custom Firmware Environment. A PSP cannot play backup games or homebrew without being modified.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

As TirthRR said, you will need some modification.

However-if you want to save some cash-there is software that can do that now-the pandora method is quicker but it has some cost involved.

In his sig are some tutorials, so check them out-one is a tutorial for hacking all psp's with software alone!

Made by me-if your's is a 3000 it's gonna need a bit of patients-but the method for that can be done for all models-the one for older psp's is permanent as well...

3000's can't be permanently hacked yet...

Read the tutorials before trying anything though.

4. pilikia

pilikia New Member

All I know that my system is 5.0 or higher & my custom firmware is 4.01 M33

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

5.0 and you ALSO have 4.00m33?

That ain't right-check in the system menu in the options menu-everything but the mac adress is what you got...

You don't need pandora to upgrade that if you have 4.00m33 though-just find a 5.00m33v6 update.

But it may need an official 5.00 to get that working.

Best wait until TrithRR post back-It's been awhile since I done the process.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Ya, we will need to know what model of PSP you have. 1000 (the original "phat"), 2000 (the "slim) or the 3000.

And you can't have both official and custom firmware on it. So what do you have?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.