1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP Noob

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Ignitius, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignitius

Ignitius Member

I have a Pandora's Battery and a blank Magic Memory stick. My firmware is 5.10. What should I download and/do? any assistance will be helpful.

Iggy

2. Ignitius

Ignitius Member

Is it even possible for me to upgrade? I am also using Vista OS and my PSP is a Phat PSP.

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

look up making a magic memory stick, 'blank' will do you no good, thats just a normal memory card, you need to make a magic memory stick for the downgrade.

4. Ignitius

Ignitius Member

I used "Catb50 Team's Magic Stick Creator"; it looked like it worked but when I place the Pandora's battery in and try to start it up it only shows the blank screen with the green light.

Also when i use the regular battery and try to update firmware it says, "Data is corrupted".

5. Ignitius

Ignitius Member

Anyone? Is there an easy way to do this?

6. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

Someone told me at one point to use PSPGrader to create my magic memory stick. I never did, just ended up downgrading to 1.5 myself and installing CFW after that. If you want the true easy way out, buy a Magic Memory Stick thats comes preloaded with software.

7. Ignitius

Ignitius Member

Well I did buy one; except when I looked it was blank (but I got the pandora's battery out of it also). I'll look for that program, thanks.

8. knightroad

knightroad Well-Known Member

Ok, here it is, I have a Vista pc and the different programs I have seen to make your own magic memory stick for whatever reasons just didn't work for me. So I hacked my psp the easy cheesy way, I bought a magic memory stick.

This store is the real deal and I have a hacked psp sitting next to me to prove it.

Here is the store:
    http://www.pandorasales.com/

You can buy a magic memory stick from them and they send you directions with it. I bought a kit with a pandora battery and magic memory stick and it was super easy.

My psp is a phat as well.

Good luck and sorry it sounds like you got scammed if you thought you bought a magic memory stick before and it came blank! Thats someone just stealing your money and you should demand a refund and send that junk back. Plus you if still have problems you do realize there are fake pandoras batteries out there, right?

For all I know you got a fake battery and a fake magic stick, thats bad luck, I recommend sending it all back and getting your money back!

By the way after you get it all modded, the affiliates "psp isoz" on Romulation's page is a great site.

Good luck

9. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

you need to be careful when buying a premade magic memory stick. CFW and downgrading itself is not illegal, the illegal part comes in when you make a magic memory stick since you are modifying and in the case of sellers, distributing a copyrighted sony software. Why do you think you havnt seen any .zip files on the internet containing all the files you need so you can just drag and drop them to the memory stick? one word, Lawsuit.

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Would it really be a problem though? Aren't Sony's PSP eboots freely distributed from their website?

11. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

yes, but making a magic memory card modifies the firmware eboot files, and this is where the copyright breech comes in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.