1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP ISOs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mekk Marcos, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Mekk Marcos

Mekk Marcos New Member

I have two complaints about the PSP section:

Roman Numeral I: While there are DS ROMs where the sun don't shine, there are hardly such for the PSP.

Roman Numeral II: I recently got the PlayStation Emulator version of "Crash Bandicoot 2"; turns out to be Hot Shots Golf 2 (I wonder who's idea that was).

So... do you guys spend more time with DS games than with PSP games or something?

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Sony is a bit more aggressive than Nintendo when it comes to piracy, their recent aggressions against custom firmware means we don't feel good about adding PSP games, really, you're just lucky we haven't removed the ones we have already.

3. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

Wait so you guys won't upload any more psp roms?

4. Seph

Not for the time no, even if we were going to it would have to be after we were done uploading the 350 GB of PSX ISOs we have.

With that said we do have some 30 GB of PSP ISOs though, we're just waiting to see if Sony calm down or get even more aggressive before we do anything.

I've said it before and I'll gladly say it again. We're not going to jail for you guys. :)

5. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

They usually send you warning
    ...I got several from v bulletin...
    If worse comes to worse just do what the piratebay guys did
    run to Sweden and hide the servers underground.

6. Seph

Sweden is not a safe haven. The Pirate Bay is a torrent tracker and does not host any copyrighted data according to Swedish law. ROMS are copyrighted data so it would not be legal in Sweden.

Some countries have a downloading is legal policy, but no country I know of has a uploading is legal policy, and I'm not going to North Korea or similar to run RomUlation. :p

7. gam3r

gam3r Guest

I LOL'd at that :D

8. adrelith

adrelith Well-Known Member

Are you sure it actually was Hot Shots? A lot of the hacked PSX games for the emulator on the PSP had to use files to do with the Hot Shots game in order to run, and so in turn often had the same icons and sometimes names.

Awwww, come on! Imagine the amazing adventures you could have :p I'd go to North Korea for you . . . :p

9. realg187

realg187 Well-Known Member

Where is this site located?

How can you even manage to get away with ROMs?

PS For disks they aren't ROMs, they are ISO.

10. Seph

Server = US, admins = Europe.

How we manage? No idea, we just take it one day at a time.

11. realg187

realg187 Well-Known Member

Why and how do you manage an server in US? Do you use a hosting company (they dont mind). Does anyone mind?

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Why = cos its cheaper, and because most servers advertised on the net are in the US. yes we use a hosting company, but they do little more than supply the server, rack and transport bandwidth. They do not run the server in any shape or form.

13. Marvin927

Marvin927 Member

Guys,

Regarding the NDS ROMS versus PSP ISOs issue... We need to give some respect and time for those people and friends responsible and helpful for uploading the game on the net. NDS ROMS, if you'll notice, have lower file size and therefore easy to upload/download. PSP ISOs on the other hand are a bit time consuming as PSP games have a higher file size. So, the uploaders considers some factors such as memory/file size of the game, time to convert the game to ISO and uploading it. With that, i give commendations and credits for those people responsible for having the games on the site. And to us downloaders, considering that we are not the one responsible for uploading the game, should never pressure the uplaoders of the games and the programmers as well.

Cheers to all of us!!!