1. This forum is in read-only mode.

psp iso load failure-error 80020148

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I downloaded burnout dominator from the tradestation, and I have a feeling that this might be a bad copy...

I used a download manager to get this far-I used umd gen and it seems like everything is there...

But when I uncompress it from cso to iso format, it's actually smaller...200mb

When played, the pictures and stuff load, but after I click on it, black screen for about 5-10 seconds, and then the error comes up...

I have tried swtching the iso mode-sony, m33, isof legacy, nothing...

Just the error code-80020148...

I'm using a psp 2000 with 5.00m33v6, what can I do, bad dump of game or another dam download failure?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Can you play any ISOs?

Did you remember to turn on the option in the recovery menu, No UMD or something like that.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

well, all my other iso's work on these settings, I normally use m33 driver, but I have tried the other's, I even turned off the plugins...

I used UMD gen to extract it, the size is more..realistic now but still no load...

If I show you the link, can you check it out, it's on the fourms, I think it's one of the BIG listings by users on the psp board?
    Post Merge: [time]1245660927[/time]
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=10756.0

Some of these links have died, this was one of the few that does download...viewtifiul joe failed to load as well...at 50mb, and even UMD gen failed to even SEE the contents...but it showed there is files in this one at least...

What is the main executable called in psp game iso files so I can see?
    Post Merge: [time]1245670082[/time]
    ...I got SOME of it working, I messed with the "boot bin' setting in the recovery, played the opening fmv...

And now, black screen...it's the iso :(

I hate using ripped games..especially ones that fail to even load!
    Post Merge: [time]1245666956[/time]
    DEFINETLY the iso...tried the original cso it came in, now I tried the iso conversion I just made...menu works..but it froze...

4. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

Its a Bad Dump then definitly
    try doing this for games on your PSP:
    borrow or hire them from stores or freinds and then go to the recovery menu(R while boot-up) and change USB access to UMD drive and just copy the ISO off
    and yes the actual UMD has the iso burned on it
    check www.PSP-Hacks.com for the latest ISO->CSO tool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.