1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP-Infuriating problem =D

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by teserut, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teserut

teserut Guest

I've pretty much just left my psp turned off in a drawer for the last few days. It's not that I don't have any games to play its just I can't be ****ed to use it when a tonne of my games don't work.

First theres Dynasty warriors strikeforce. Whenever I try to play it i get the 80020148 error code. Heaps of people have tried telling me what to do, I've tried every single thing and I still can't seem to get it working. Still that doesn't mean I don't want anyone making a suggestion.

Then theres Jak and Daxter the Lost Frontier. I seriously love this game, but right after I fight the robot dude (first boss) and jump into my hellcat, it freezes and locks up my psp. Since it didn't happen till around an hour or 2 into the game I'm assuming my save files become corrupt

Anyway, there are more freezing and black screen problems but I think the 2 there are the main ones I want to fix. Input is always appreciated

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Have you tried upgrading your CFW ? If you use one that is.

3. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

People might help if you disclose what firmware your using and what type of PSP youve got.Maybe you need to get the games patched,or download a patched version.

4. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Still gonna need a good CFW for that though.

The latest CFW for 1000 and 2000 series is 5.50 Gen D-3
    For the 3000 I think it's 5.03 Gen-C

5. theunderling

Well he was asked ALL these questions 4 weeks ago-and didnt bother replying.He now comes back whingeing its not working,and still doesnt say what hes got.
    What the hell does he expect LOL

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=29177.msg498883#msg498883

6. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

hYpNoS should be here, he should have a better explanations on how to do things.
    Let's just wait for another news for now.

7. teserut

teserut Guest

Ignore that post, this account is shared by around 3 people, hence the different grammar from post to post, hence the general noobiness, hence the occasional whinge =3

Just by the way you can't expect me to answer what you post to when you post it, I live in Australia...

I'm not a complete noob. If it was a matter of firmware I would have fixed it weeks ago, I'm on gen D3. I've tried switching around the settings in the recovery menu (to no avail). Probably should have mentioned what firmware I was on, but these things do pass my mind sometimes =D

PSP 1000

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

My brother solved his issues by shortening up the name of the ISO or CSO. He had the same error on one of the newer Naruto games, and he shortened it down to just "naruto.cso" and it worked just fine after that.

(don't know why, but it did!)

For the freezing issues, is that game a CSO or and ISO? Have you uncompressed it with UMDGen if it is a CSO and tried again?

9. teserut

teserut Guest

yes both Dynasty Warriors and Jak and Daxter are Isos not Csos, I've tried in both formats but still nothing. I'm contemplating using a patch but I don't know if thats a good idea or not

10. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Well, I'm playing Jak and Daxter the Lost Frontier on Gen D3 too and it's working fine.
    No freeze or anything.

I'm using PSP 2000 though, don't know if it have some difference.

11. teserut

teserut Guest

which part are you up to in the game? Where did you download it from? CSO or ISO? Sorry for so many questions but all this **** could help, if all else fails I'll start again/redownload/do something else...

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

The part where I need to rescue a village or something, after getting the 2nd plane it seems.
    I download it fromw www.pspisoz.com and it's an ISO.

13. theunderling

There is a website that you can get "patched for all firmware" iso/cso's.

D*vils - Sh*dow

Maybe they have the working games you want there LOL

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't share my account with noobs...I'd say seperate accounts-but let Seph know first just incase :)

I find www.pspisoz.com to do the job, though some I heard are weird...I've yet to get any of the weird downloads though.

Also...your firmware is fine (especially if it's D3 final-not much but it fixes some saving issues).

Where did ypu get your copy-post a link via pm if it's from another listed site than the one's mentioned here-but if it's from a torrent just say so.

15. teserut

teserut Guest

The sharing of my account hasn't been a problem until now and it will cease to be a problem starting now.

I got my copy from PSPISOZ but its odd, I went there again to copy and paste the link, but it appears the link is broken, maybe they took it down because the game was faulty? I dunno, I'll try shortening the name like Galih said. And like I said, despite my low bandwidth I'm prepared to redownload the game and/or patch it if thats a good idea.

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I noticed some links are playing up...f1 2009 ain't downloading properly :(

Maybe megaupload caught on as to what's been uploaded-or something is wrong with their servers.

...I got a strange idea, it could be a bad idea so I'll pm it to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.