1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP HELP.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by KSbored, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KSbored

KSbored Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has a downgraded PSP 3000 with a Tekken Dark Resurection.Iso on it. Would i be able to play TO PLAY HIS PSP ISO'S if i copy his entire memory card onto my NOT DOWNGRADED PSP 1000?

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

do you understand the difference between downgraded and hacked?

If you downgraded from 5.00 OFW to 3.90 OFW that's a downgrade, but not hacked...in which case, no you won't be able to play games off of the memory stick.
    If you downgraded from 5.00 OFW to 3.90 M33-3 then yes you would be able to play that game.

If you want to play any games on the memory stick, you need to hack your PSP.

Take a look at this thread on how to downgrade a PSP and put custom firmware on it.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=8507.0

And this is for when you're done with that so you can do the easy 5.00 M33-6 upgrade.
    http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=9447

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If you hack or downgrade a psp, it affects the system, not that data on the card...

So the short answer is no-but there is ways to do it without paying money or dealing with sensitive...batteries...

http://pspslimhacks.com/easy-chickhen-custom-firmware-installer-without-pandora/

Follow the vid...but check the chicken in it, I think you get the slim version of that, need to find another chicken R2 for phat psp's (should be in the same download, i left the link incase you want to try hacking yourself...I did it-and it was easy-just needed advice on the advantages...)

Also-3000's are softhackable only-you can't downgrade them to play homebrew unlike the 1000 models (phat) because the firmware for them starts at 3.00 I believe, to play homebrew (but not iso's) you need 1.50...

Also, if you try that link successfully, you get 5.00m33v6, find the v6 and you'll be playing in stlye!

(note-I hope your psp ain't past 5.03-otherwise you need to try another method-which I have little info on, but the site link might have something)

4. insanecrazy07

He's either got a choice of getting a pandora or getting a psp slim.

5. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

Pandora would be the best option for PSP-1000
    and google PSP wiki for more information

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

But with the method I used you don't need pandora-as long as the firmware isn't above 5.03...

I LOVE soft modding without paying for anything...except for the net to download with XD

(like I said, the download link I gave you gives you HEN, which let's you run SOME homebrew, but not all, however it has all the contents you need to flash your psp with custom firmware, but this premade one gives you the HEN for a slim psp, delete the HEN pics from the memory stick via pc, and download the latest HEN and use the "phat" version)

7. dracky w

any idea on how to make HEN permanet?
    i try and it fails 90% of the time on a PSP-2004

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

lol-gotta put it on standby :)

Yes it does fail...a fair bit...

Well, I got lucky-mine only failed about 15% of the time-that's why (using hen as a base) I flashed my psp-it was second hand so no warrenty-and over all, if it failed...

I was gonna play "kick the psp"....

Just because I bought one doesn't mean I'm a fanboy for nintendo XD

Try that link if you want-but use a freash memory card, turn off all the UMD options, and use the standard background (ie the defualt)...

If all else fails-you might have an old version of Hen-my mate tried to flash his psp 1000 using the link above-but his hen was failing him-so fater several downloads...he got it working XD

The one included is for 2000's, but when I found a phat one for him it failed...strange huh?

9. KSbored

KSbored Well-Known Member

Awww, I thought so, My friend kept on NAGGING me saying that he could send me the games for free! He didn't understand me when i told him that it just doesn't work that way, lol. But now i have proof!

10. dracky w

funny enought it takes me quicker to pandora a PSP that to ChickHEN it :p

11. insanecrazy07

It takes 3 mins to do it with a battery.
    Even with a blind install, which it sometimes does, just hit X, and then wait for the blinking yellow to stop and you're done.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Depending on the memory card and transfer speed...and the luck of the chickHEN, it takes me roughly....

10 mins-that's including hellcat's recovery flasher time...

But to get HEN working is just less than a minute...

...the HEN in that pack was very stable for me :)

(but at times it did play up, and believe me, I used this for months before I chose to permanently hack it...yet I had no complaints :) )

13. insanecrazy07

I saw that video that you posted, and there's A LOT of steps, and a lot of waiting. The thing I like about the Pandora is that you can start ANYWHERE since the battery overwrites the old firmware with the specified firmware in one easy step. No need to get 5.03 and then do some fancy stuff and then end up with 5.00 M33-6.

I can take a PSP-1000, with just about any firmware, battery 3.90 M33-3 on it, and then do the easy 5.00 M33-6 install and I'm done. No need to juggle around firmware.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I suppose my method is just more cost effient-and avoids me getting a visa debit card XD

Lol, I was thinking of making an "idiot's" guide just incase you do it...

Good thing is you don't need any special tools for it-if you have no fear and your psp is safe to hack, it's straight forward-but if your like me, it takes 4 days (insert big eyed emoticon here)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.