1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[PSP] Help with KH:BBS FM (The English Translated one)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SakuraMartinez, Sep 3, 2012.

1. SakuraMartinez

SakuraMartinez Well-Known Member

It has been a long time since I last used my PSP so I'm a bit lost at this. But, anyways...
    I have the Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix (the english translated one, already patched) on my PSP 2000, custom firmware 6.60 PRO B10. I have tried every freakin' UMD Mode (Inferno, Sony, M33) and have searched Google to find a solution to this stupid problem but I haven't found any which is why I decided to ask help here (and am hoping I would get some, RomU had never failed me before...).

The problem I speak of is that every time I start a new game and after the opening scene (after pressing New Game and after the scene with the hooded guy on an island) the screen goes black. I am unable to do anything. Although, when I press START, the menu comes up (where you can choose to skip the cutscene). If I press the Skip command on that menu, the game hangs there in the black screen. I can still press the home button, but if I try to exit the game, my PSP hangs. I've tried downloading a different copy, still the same result.

I know the game's old but since getting KH:3D for the 3DS, I wanted to replay the game and try out the Final Mix version of it. So, yeah...
    Another thing is that, I vaguely recall that in order to play the original (not the final mix) we had to rename the file to anything BUT Kingdom Hearts or something and we had to use a patch for it to work. Do I still need to do that even though I am already using 6.60 PRO B10?

Also, how do I get this freaking game to work again? Someone please help jog my memory and help me with this!
    Please and Thank you.