1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP hacks

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by electromakumba, Apr 25, 2010.

1. electromakumba

electromakumba Well-Known Member

And by hack I mean "downloading games from the internet and play it for free".. I dunno which is the correct term, but meh.
    I have a DS with a flash card, and it's like heaven because all I payed for is a second-hand console and a flashcard.

Is it possible to do with a PSP too?

Got any tips, buddies?

2. getbuck21

getbuck21 Well-Known Member

It's possible but to give some help, I'd need to know what kind of PSP you have and what the firmware is.

3. electromakumba

I have no PSP yet because I don't know if this "hack" (what's the correct word?) is possible.. And in case, I'm looking for advices of which version I should take and whatever else I'll need..

4. getbuck21

If you want it too be hackable, then you need a PSP 1000, 2000, or 3000. (Not the PSPgo)

If it's a 3000 then it must have 5.03 firmware or lower. That and a memory stick is all you'll need.

I can't really tell you what you'd need for hacking a 1000/2000 as I've never owned one.

5. electromakumba

Oh, ok, so this go straight to my wish-list.

I found a tutorial in this forum and it seems to be very specific about which version can be hacked and which one not:

.. So which is the best one to buy?

6. getbuck21

I really like the 3000. The colors are more vibrant and it has a built in mic which is great if you'll be playing online.

I bought an Rockband PSP 3000 Bundle and it came with 5.02 firmware. Idk if thats what they all are, but if the firmware is above 5.03 you can always return it and try again.

7. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Safest bet is to get a 1000.A Darth Vader or Daxter is better,but more expensive.The 2000's depend on which board is innit.

8. electromakumba

Ok ty guys, you're helpful as always

God bless the internet~

9. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

And if your definitely going to get a 1000/2000,you could order a Tool battery now so you can flash the psp when you get one.