1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP hacking, totally new to this.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Krusha, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

I basically need a few things answered
    I plan on using mds' tutorial to hack it if I can.

Ok I have a Slim PSP with official firmware 5.50 (Damned mate gets update-happy near an internet connection...)
    Is there a way to downgrade that firmware, or can I still hack it to run Psx games (and maybe even PSP ones), those are the only 2 features I really want.

I really don't want to use Pandora but I suppose I will if there's no other way.

Please help, if you need any more info I'll be glad to find it.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Is your PSP a 2000 or 3000 model? There should be a number somewhere on it that contains PSP 200X or PSP 300X

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You would need pandora-my guide only works on 5.05-your too far I'm afreaid...but If I remember correctly, there was an exploit on medel of honour heros 2, but you would need the game (the UMD) and the exploit...and even then-I have no idea if that can do iso/psx play.

Best option is pandora battery.

4. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

Slim = 200X

Thanks mds... looks like I'm heading to DX...

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Once you get the pandora...downgrade to OFW 5.03 first.

Slight chance it's an unhackable 2000.

Yep...some can be-other's can't...

Read my guide-get "chickHEN R2"running and use pspident...

Just to be safe-if it's an unhackable type then you may have to try the alternitive...which is in my guide-last post :)

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I know what a slim is :)

I just can't trust every poster to actually mean "slim" when they say slim. I mean, physically there is very little difference between the 2000 and 3000, not like the differences between 1000 and 2000.

7. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

Jeez 3 days and I'm on page 4...

Yeah I know, my mate got a 3000 and I swear it looked IDENTICAL to mine...

Well its a 2002 in any case, as far as I know it's hackable but every guide says something totally different... I got confused fast and after hacking Wii's, Gamecubes, PS2s... was kinda expecting something just as easy :p (I'd say DS but I didn't really "Hack" the DS...)

Will do

Was planning to, your guide actually makes sence :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.