1. This forum is in read-only mode.

psp hacking details?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by olliebot, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

So I want to know about the best solution to hacking a psp. I'm gonna be getting one, don't know what model, I just know that it's not psp go. I can either a get someone to hack it, or a UMD that makes it read .isos. Also, can the UMD thing that reads .isos play things like n64 emulators?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I've never heard of the UMD thing that reads ISOs. Do you have a link to it?

If you can, get a PSP 1000, or an early PSP 2000. The Go and the PSP 3000/late 2000 (with firmware beyond 5.03) cannot be hacked, modded, or play ISO/Homebrew.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

UMD are the disc, and there isn't anything like that for the psp, only sony allows thiese to be made.

Just hack it, and place the games inside your memory stick.

4. TirithRR

I knew the UMD were the discs ;)

I just wanted to know where he was getting this "UMD thing that reads ISOs"

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

to hack a psp you need -
    Pandora battery, memory stick, and a psp!

i've heard of a way without the pandora battery, but it's risky.....

you need a special program to make the memory stick too, i forget what it's called, but i just made another today........i don't wanna turn on my desktop........sorry

a umd is a read-only disc....it can not be written to at all

and if the psp board is TA 0083 v3 board or higher, then you cannot hack it....you must use a firmware enabler called chickHEN
    i've never used that because my psp was hackable from the start.

like tirinth said, try to get a psp phat or an early version of psp 2000.....those are the only truly hackable psps...

check for guides online to see if you're psp is hackable....there's a way to tell by the numbers under the battery after you remove it.......or there's another method...i forget that, but you can look it up.

that's how i hacked my psp.....just doing some research!!XD

good luck with it!! hope it's not a 3000 or a TA 0083 v3 board!!.....sucks if it is......

6. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

I don't know much about the UMD object, my friend said he'd give it to me, seeing as he doesn't need it. But you don't write on it, it's kind of like a Swap Magic, but instead of switching games, you just read the .isos from your memory stick.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

i've never heard anything like that.....are you talking about dumping a psp game to a memory stick????

8. khizzm0

khizzm0 Member

UMD for psp is where the ISO's CSO's game came from, there is a software to do things like that

all PSP can be hacked except the PSP GO.
    the best way to do that is to read and learn look for this site psp-hacks.com
    you can get a lot of informations there and more add-ons.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

can a 3000 be hacked all the way to enable cfw???? and by all the way i mean put the firmware on PERMANENTLY.....not just as a temp firmware through chickHEN.

10. TirithRR

No, the PSP 3000 (and TA088v3 2000) cannot have CFW installed on them. And if they have been updated to 5.50+, they cannot even use the CFWE to play ISOs because there is no exploit available for that firmware.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

thought so!! thanks for re-affirming it!! ;)

12. khizzm0

khizzm0 Member

cannot on hardmode, softmode yes... this is still hacked

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

temperarily none the less.....but, yes, it's still considered hacked.....but a soft-hack.

14. TirithRR

Unless your OFW is too high, then you can't even "softmod" it because no exploits exist.

(Technically speaking, all PSP hacks are Softmods, because they don't modify the PSP hardware).

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

i never thought of that before....i learn something new everyday from this site!

16. pinkypatwik143

pinkypatwik143 Well-Known Member

but is the psp 3000 able to be downgraded? and does anyone know how to downgrade it
    ?

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Can't be downgraded.

You can expoit it if it's on 5.03 or 5.50.

It's best to go 5.03 as there are more better homebrew apps that can run the current game isos-5.50 is just a one off that is a bit of work maintaing.

18. pinkypatwik143

pinkypatwik143 Well-Known Member

ya but i just need to know how to downgrade if the firmware is higher than 5.03

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.