1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[PSP] Gods Eater Burst Inquiry

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dancubs, Mar 13, 2011.

1. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

So I just saw a couple video reviews for this game, and I am loving it. I was never into the Monster Hunter fever, and this seems to be better. I wanna play it real bad.

Turns out I have to switch firmwares. I was running GEN D3 5.50 on my PSP, and I have to go Prometheus. To do this, I have to take my PSP to a hack-store and get it changed there, and put in the iso there as well.

MY QUESTION(s):
    Is there an iso for the US version of the game out in circulation already?
    -I don't want an english patch of the JP version. That's the version the guy at the store might have.

What's the diff between Prome and GEN?

Thanks.

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Nope, the US version will be released on 15th of this month.

Prome is an addon for GEN and any other custom firmwares(except the latest one), which enable newer games to be playable on the lower firmware, without updating your PSP.

3. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

Ohhhh. So having Prome and keeping it is a good idea? Better than going Prome to play Gods Eater and then changing back to GEN D3 after? I'm new to all this PSP firmware business.

Oooooh. So that supports my suspicion. The hack shop has an english patched iso/cso, not the NA version. How long you reckon I should wait 'til I check again, to get the NA iso? April, ya think the hackshop has got it then?

What does switching/upgrading to Prome entail? Will my files be affected? Anything I should watch out for?

Thanks again, brother.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Actually, most people suggested that it is better to patch your game manually instead of using Prometheus, but only if you having problem using Prometheus on your PSP.

Well, who knows, it may get leaked early though. If it does, you should be able to search it through some PSP sites.

Your previous save files may 'appear' to be corrupted after updating it, if that happen just switch back to GEN, and there also some issue regarding plugins/emulator, if you use any.

Before updating, just backup all your files incase something happen.

5. Mathew758

Mathew758 New Member

Do it manually its easy efficient and cant go wrong and better yet you dont waste money.
    I changed my PSP to Prometheus With no trouble at all and i'm not even a psp genius.