1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP GBA EMULATOR, HELP ME PLZ

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by finkrocks44, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finkrocks44

finkrocks44 Active Member

i got a lot of games to work, i even have pokemon hacks that work perfectly fine. but ive been trying to get one game to work that i really want to play. The game is Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's revenge. ive tried getting multiple different copies of this rom, but none of them work. is that game not compatable with my psp, or is there a way that i could fix this?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It works on mine, what firmware-which emualtor, what version, did the rom come from this site?

YOU NEED TO GIVE US MORE INFO PEOPLE!

Provide all of that...and prehaps I could be more help-I use a psp 2000 with 5.00m33v6, the latest of that GPSP, with a random gba bios I found, my rom came from here, I believe mine is the (E) rom since I prefer to use stuff that represents what region I'm from...

ALSO-what does it do when it fails to work exactly-does it say it won't work-black screen, etc?

3. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

My feeling are that you are using an old version of gpsp. I recommend updating your custom firmware and downloading the latest gpsp gba emulator from dl.qj.net

4. finkrocks44

The version of the firmware is 5.00 M33-6, im using a psp 1000 (original fat version). as for the emulator, it is gpsp, but i dont know what version, if i find out i will tell u, but if it helps, at the startup image for the emulator it has a picture of two cats playing a gameboy advance. can u tell me where to get the newest version of gpsp (tried googling it, but i dont think im typin in the right stuff).
    Post Merge: [time]1245609876[/time]
    oh ya, and for what happens when it stops working: it changes, multiple things happen: first off it always goes to the part where u see banjo walking out of the house. one thing that sometimes happens is it just makes the "gameboy" screen pop up (like when u start up an original gba) then it goes to a black screen. a second thing that could happen is it starts messing up the games pixels, makes some sound, then goes to a black screen. a third thing that happens is it goes to the blue screen and says "your psp has crashed". and as for where i got the rom, i tried here, and other sites. from here i tried the US version and the Europe version (multi language).

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% sure where you can see the version. There are so many different versions and unofficial releases, etc.

I think this is the latest one on dl.qj.net
    http://dl.qj.net/UO-gpsp-kai-3.4-test-2-build-69-PSP-Emulators/pg/12/fid/27199/catid/122

Remember to always backup important files when trying something new out.

6. finkrocks44

i tried downloading it. it says that i need a gameboy advance BIOS image to run it correctly, it said search the web, or beg other people for it. so i think it is going to be easier to just ask u guys what u used for it. if u have a link to the BIOS then can u post it, or tell me what to search up. it says that would be exactly 16384 bytes.
    Post Merge: [time]1245622408[/time]
    UPDATE: I got the BIOS but the same thing is STILL happening: it goes to the part where banjo walks out of his house then it goes to the gameboy start screen(where "gameboy gets spelt across the screen)

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Some bios are strange...my gpsp keeps reminding me mine is iregular, but it works fine...

So now you got the bios, do the other games work?

(gba screen...that doesn't happen to me...prehaps it's my bios...wish i had the link...)

IS the bios in the right spot?

Hrm...how odd, try downloading different bios, if nothing works, mess with the settings...

I'll mess with mine to see if anything may be needed.

8. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Its probably the game then. The same thing happens when I tried to play Kingdom Harts in my PSP. It would freeze after a couple of seconds when you start a new game. I think it was because of the 3D intro. I found a way around it by starting a new game on my computer via an emulator and coppying the save file into the PSP. It worked fine as long as it wasnt a cut scene. See if that works.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

My bios is in the root of the gpsp game folder, I'd have mine there...

lol, while I was testing (mine works-have yet to try on the new version) I found I had a rom folder inside my rom folder-need to fix that XD

It's not the game-mine works...

But (small chance) it may be your psp-you know the whole memory buffer deal?

Some emulators run faster on the 2000's, kingdom hearts on this is apparently VERY slow, have yet to try, look for my reply...

10. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

It wasnt that slow.... Plus is the game 3D or 2D??

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Just tried kingdom hearts...someone got it working, but that isn't me (it's ethier the bio's types, or just random luck, froze on the 3-d scene as well...

For some reason, I can't continue my game, the cursor won't go up or down...(banjo)

Prehaps use the version before this one-I was able to play a level on this, now it froze, I see what you mean...

If that fails...(where's the "i don't know" emoticon?)

Almost all gba games are sprite generated, except stuff like top gear rally..

Kingdom heart's intro is taken from an fmv, too good for a gba XD

Banjo is like the Donkey kong games...looks 3-d but is sprite made...

EDIT:

http://dl.qj.net/Gameboy-Advance/pg/12/fid/27121/catid/122

Try that-I used this one just before, if it fails for me, it's incompatible...for now

EDIT2:

...It's incompatible, banjo just froze before, now the gba logo pops up at the point it froze at...

And kingdom hearts froze at a different point in this one-later...

It's gonna be awhile before these are perfect-the makers have the hen user's in mind-for the psp 2/3000's, so it means the 1000's miss out-sorry man I tried, but if your desperate try the settings, I use full screen, with the rest on defualt...prehaps you have a small chance...wish i could test again but it's time I go...sorry I couldn't help anymore...

12. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Kingdom Hearts Chain of memories is apparently only slow during the opening FMV. And you can get by it by going to the emulator menu a few times. After that it worked fine for me.

Maybe this game (banjo) is just one of those few that don't work well enough with the emulator.

13. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

This is a problem with one of the unofficial versions
    try looking for the latest version on www.psp-hacks.com

PS. Im running the exact same PSP and ive tried most of the popular GBA games and they all work

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I used the official one-mine came from a site that has always been good-and my original test for this tpoic was from that site...

It's just not compatible right now-download it and tell me otherwise...

Recap-kindom hearts can be played if cutscenes are skipped via emulator play and using save, while banjo fails to load...I can't even move to the continue option...

I'm sorry to dismiss you dracky w, but my version is offical, unless the the second last version of this from quick jump downloads is fake (ie NEVER) and the latest which I already got from psp-hacks is wrong somehow...so I already know...

Unless you try these 2 yourself, get them working, and post a direct link...but yeah..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.