1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP GALORE!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by KSbored, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KSbored

KSbored Well-Known Member

Well, I'm one of those unfortunate souls who can't downgrade their psp. Anway, I noticed ps1 games bought from the playstation store were in .pbp format instead of .iso, So I was wondering that is it possible to just covert a ps1 rom into .pbp then just drag it onto your memory stick without any type of downgrade of CFW? OR is their some site where you can download the ps1 game data that is downloaded from the playstation store (.pbp format), to then use for your psp? Can anyone give me an explanation as to why these may not work?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

PHP is the only way psx games can work on a psp...

So what psp type-and firmware do you have?

One's from the psn store MUST work.

Also...only psp iso's work-psx isos are waste of space-I can turn a game disc (psx) to iso-to php-which it needs...

Saves me money-but some may not work-game compatibility you see.

But from psn store they are designed to work perfectly.

(psx2psp-try that-I believe it could work to extract the image from it-but the resulting iso would only work when burned to a disc for psx use...or on a psx pc emulator.)

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

No, you cannot play Eboots made yourself without having a CFW installed or the ChickHEN exploit enabled on your PSP. It won't work because of anti-piracy / anti-backup checks enabled on the PSP.

You can convert PSX games to the PBP (Eboot) format and play them on your PSP. But you need to have a hacked PSP.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Sorry...but

With cfw enabler, from what I have heard, does the same thing as m33-psp iso's and psx play-from what I gathered from the product descriptions...

And if you ligitimally pay and download a psx game from the psn-it should work...

But as you said-converting your own psx games requires a hacked psp-soft or otherwise...

5. TirithRR

That's what I had said.

That's not what he asked though. He asked about just converting ISOs to Eboots and playing them, which you cannot do without having a PSP with Custom Firmware or that Exploit for the 3000 series.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...my bad-didn't understand what you said :(

7. KSbored

Awwwww dam it.....

8. TirithRR

If you do have a PSP 1000 or 2000, I recommend getting CFW installed on it. The pandora battery method is the quickest, if you have 6 dollars to spare for a battery. Otherwise you can follow the tutorial in the Tutorial Section on how to install it using the exploit for the PSP 3000s.

9. KSbored

I own a psp 1000 (lousy hand-me-down) And is the pandora truly the only way? What is this ChickHEN Method? I've been looking into it but I just don't really understand how it works?

10. aryios

aryios Member

Take a look at this guide then, it should help you to install CFW on your PSP 1000

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=19465.0

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It's not as quick...but it's free :)

12. KSbored

Hmmmm, I'll look into it, thanks! ^_^

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Take your time and think carefully...

And if you read my guide, re-read it a few times...

Some users are having trouble despite it had helped 2 other's successfully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.