1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP emulators+HEN firmware 5.03=does it work?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Yep, another of mine again :)

Okay, I can get homebrew to work, but is it possible at all to get any homebrewed emulators on the psps to work?

If so what do I need, or have I done something wrong?

As a test I'm using nesterj 1.2, and trying smb3 (well a different version of it, cbf using real one at the moment) but everytime I load it, the boot screen comes up, but then goes "corrupted" and thus, something is missing or I've done the process wrong...

Here is my folder layout just to get the boot screen on...

PSP/GAME/(these I just threw in here) Nesterj, 1.0, Nesterj%, 1.5 (all of those came in the same file, and since I can't read the read me file I just guessed...)

I also threw in the spare famicon.dat and the menu png just in case...

Just incase I put a folder called "ROMS" inside the Nesterj file (it seems to be the working executable) but I might remove that, I think I already tried that and no go...

Any help and what I may need/need to do would help...

ps, I heard this hen, may not play UMD backups or psx iso's (afer converting) but since I'm not sure about the age of this HEN, is it possible to play UMD backups or playstaion iso's now with the help of a file of some sort...

This psp is running the official 5.03 firmware with hen running it, quake psp homebrew works, if I can get the emulation/backups working I won't need to do the pandora trick!

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

another question since it's dead today...

I'm thinking about flashing the firmware to the latest...

Is hellcat's recovery flasher 1.50 the one I need for version 5.03, all site I've seen say it goes to 5.00...

The site that mentioned I could use hen, and gave me the updating tools, but not hellcat's flasher...

Little help-least this way it saves sixty bucks from me being too lazy to make a pandora battery, and I don;t have to get credit card to ebay it this way...

3. Sacker

Sacker Well-Known Member

NesterJ [1.11]: YES

Did you even read the Compatibility list, and the entire threads from Dark Alek? Not just the 1st chart but the entire thread..

P.s. The chickhen 5.03 tiff exploit is very unstable...its not 100% flawless yet.

4. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

it should work pretty well for all homebrew.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I did, but was confused, forgot the point about I can downgrade the firmware, yes I did read it, but only bits and pieces since I was doing other things at the same time...

I might just switch the fireware using hellcat's flash recovery, I read more guides and found the info I need...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.