1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[PSP] Cheap Memory Card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by FulgoreSama, Apr 23, 2011.

1. FulgoreSama

FulgoreSama Well-Known Member

I'm trying to cut my budget down some to be able to afford a Memory Card stick for a PSP2000, If someone can tell me where I can purchase one, I would be very grateful. I just don't want to pay 30 dollars for one from GameStop.

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

buy this: http://www.amazon.com/PhotoFast-CR-5400-MicroSD-Adapter-Dual/dp/B001I0T92Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1303523929&sr=8-3 and 2 micro sd cards

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I did this and spent under $20 on 8GB of memory + the adapter (which costs about $5 itself for some odd reason). You do lose some speed going this route vs a Sandisk 8GB Pro-duo (which is a little more expensive, but I recommend it).

4. FulgoreSama

Thanks a lot about guys.

Only 1 question, when I get this, will it show up as one item in the card when I would have it up on a computer? Or would I have to load the microsd's up first before placing them into the Pro-Duo adapter?

5. LuckyTrouble77

You'll want to put both MicroSD cards in the adapter, and the PSP will read it as one memory unit. Then, you'll want to format the whole thing on the PSP. Only use the PSP as the medium for loading new things onto the memory card, as trying to do it on each piece will screw things up.

6. FulgoreSama

Alright, thanks a lot.

Wait, what about this?

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memory-Stick-Flash-SDMSPD-4096-A11/dp/B000FFISV8/ref=sr_1_21?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1303533988&sr=1-21

7. MidnightBlade

MidnightBlade Member

8. LuckyTrouble77

Avoid the Sony memory sticks. They're overpriced. A Sandisk pro-duo like what FulgoreSama found is ideal. It's inexpensive, and runs more quickly. Most people don't realize that pro-duo is used for more than PSP, so nobody searches for the memory outside of the Sony brand.

I just dislike 4GB. At 8GB, I still have troubles getting everything I want on there, on there. I think it's partly due to the fact that I was spoiled by how many games I could fit on a 2GB card on a DS flash cart though.

9. FulgoreSama

@Nathan

Well, I don't know all of the games on the PSP yet, I mainly want to put on some PSX eboots I converted for use on it and get some PSP games like Blazblue, Loco Roco 1 and 2 and some other stuff, other than that random jabber, thanks for letting me know.