1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP cfw problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by olliebot, Jun 11, 2010.

1. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm in quite a predicament. So, I had a hacked PSP, and I regularily updated the cfw. Okay, no big deal. The other night, I lent my psp out to a close friend to try peace walker. I guess he thought it would be funny to put my firmware from cfw 5.50 GEN-D3 to cfw 3.80 M33-5. Now I tried reinstalling GEN D3 straight from there, but my psp would always just shut off, even when plugged in to the AC adapter. I would turn it back on and it would still be the m33 cfw. Is there in between cfw that I have to install beore going to D3 or what? Also, i think my battery may no longer be a pandora battery.

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

You may want to start from the beginning of the GEN Firmware(s) and build it back up to the D3 if you jump around like that with firmwares you run a good chance of bricking it and will need a pandora

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Just update to 5.00 M33-6, then use Hellcat's to update to GEN-D3 directly.

http://pspslimhacks.com/install-5-50-gen-d3-with-recovery-flasher-fw-pack/

4. MadmanNero

^ or just do that, I actually forgot about that one. It's a hell of a lot easier too. and FYI incase you don't have a slim (2000) it still works for the phats (1000) as well.

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Just read the instructions properly.
    It's a little tricky if you don't pay attention.

6. MadmanNero

That's what she said.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You cwazy! XD

This is a good site for anything PSP related - http://pspslimhacks.com/

8. olliebot

Tried that, psp freezes when it gets to the screen where it's like "accept or decline" or whatever it was. Is there an easy set of instructions because the readme.txt was kind of confusing.

9. MadmanNero

Make sure there is nothing game related on your memory card and leave only Hellcat's Recovery then turn off the PSP then go under recovery mode (power up holding R) 3rd option down it should read "Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP" not sure if it will work but I had to do that once and it worked for me, but it was a different incident than what you are having. Worth a shot regardless...until the ace the hack master shows back up.

10. olliebot

Tried that earlier. Didn't work. I'm thinking of just installing cfw upon cfw until it's back to GEN D3. Any idea which order I should start installing?

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Just go up in order like you said. :p
    Just go to 5.00 M33-6 with Hellcat's or PSPGrader v008 and then use the other Hellcat's that I provided.