1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP 3000 hacking

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by urbanazn4lyf, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urbanazn4lyf

urbanazn4lyf Active Member

does anyone happen to know how to hack the psp 2000 without bricking it or sending it into a DOS mode? ???

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

There is one method...it's only a temp hack though which is something I'm still learning.

Locate 'chickHEN r2" or r3 and load that via the psp pictures.

It's not a permanent hack though, if the system goes off it'll be reset and you'd have to start all over.

And it will only play some homebrew apps and not psp iso games, after you get chickHEN running you'd also need "5.03 GEN-A" over the top.

BUT!

What firmware is it running, if it's past 5.03 then your stuck :(

3. urbanazn4lyf

U SERIOUS, ohh crap, like is it complicated, cause im goin on holidays soon and i want something to do on the flight.
    Post Merge: [time]1257668712[/time]
    keep me posted

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Kinda, but there is no way it'll damage the system if done wrong, it's just like controlling a dog that doesn't listen :(

But once it get's working it'll be like any of the older models.

And please find out your firmware-system settings it'll be in.

Just the firmware/software version, not the mac adress.

5. urbanazn4lyf

CRAP, it says my version is 5.51

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Game over dude, if you were 5.50, there was 1 way...

But you lucked out...I'd just find a few cheap UMD's and keep them on you-or buy from the psn store.
    If you had an older model it could have been bypassed...but you lack the time anyway to order the stuff needed.

Suggestion-Got a ds :)

[me=mds64]now plays pokemon pearl[/me]

7. urbanazn4lyf

http://pspslimhacks.com/custom-firmware-5-03-gen-b-for-hen-released/ - you dont happen to have a tutorial for that do you?

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Why bother, your on 5.51, if you were on 5.03 this would have worked, and my tutorial explains starting chickHEN at least.

Besides the number "5.03 Gen" gives it away..your stuck so lie down and try something else.

Unless you knew how to hack them ie pull it apart and do some proper hacking skills (VERY difficult from what I understand) your stuck, sorry dude :(

(This is why I spent 3 months to locate a hackable 2000 model...)

9. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

LOL,their ten a penny here.Loads on eBay,cheaper if the UMD doesnt work.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

And unless it's on 5.03 firmware, it NEEDS repair XD

11. urbanazn4lyf

AAAARRHHGGHHH! , does pandora's battery and magic stick work on my model?

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

no.......pandora only works only on a psp slim/2000 that was made before the TA-088v3 board was brought about. sorry......i just got lucky with my psp when i got it.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Correct, pandora only applies to 1000 and first gen 2000 models only, your only hope was the chickHEN method but your firmware is too high to try.

I'd get a cheap ds of gba and a flash cart if your that desperate-or get a few mobile based games if your REALLY desperate.
    Post Merge: [time]1257752342[/time]
    BTW ace there are guides to check if it's safe to hack-if you consult an expert they would help such as me.

If you had a second gen 2000 you would have bricked it :(

14. theunderling

He could try selling it via eBay and then buy one off there-could be like a swap as long as the one hes getting is up to 8B stamp on it-just to be sure.

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

yeah..i found some guides online about hacking and what not to hack!! they helped me find the exact model and if it was hackable or not!!! but yeah! if i have anymore questions then i'll consult with you!! you know A LOT about psp hacking!!

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

All experimentation, I almost cried until I found a good homebrew app...

"pspident"

Once you load "chickHEN" on the official 5.03 firmware (soft hack needs this app to work) use this to tell you your mother board.

I knew it was the model before they made them like 3000's :)

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

i'll do that next time i help someone hack a psp!! can it work on any firmware? just to check mine out of curiosity!!:D

my friend was wanting to hack his psp phat, i know that that is hackable.....but i don't know if he's updated his firmware.....can you go back if you are up to date with the most current firmware on the phat?

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If you have a pandora the phat is no problem no matter what.

CHickHEN is mainly for softhacking and for use on 2000/3000 psp's that can't be hacked normally-like a work around.

It needs 5.03 firmware to bother though.

19. theunderling

LOL Mds,would you advise him to buy a Tool battery.Are they as good as people say LOL

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

ok thanks!! i'll just hack it sometime if he still wants to!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.