1. This forum is in read-only mode.

psp 3000- 6.20 and 6.30 firmware hackable?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kenny6457, Jul 17, 2010.

1. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

is it possible to hack a psp with 6.30 firmware or should i just have stayed with 6.20 firmware
    if it is hackable can someone post a link to a tutorial to make a magic memorystick,pandora battery,and who knows what else

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

6.30 isn't hackable at all so far.

Neither is 6.20. They have just found exploits.

Don't you have a 3000 though? Those are impossible unless you have 5.50 or lower firmware.

3. Halo-101

Halo-101 Well-Known Member

try buying a pandora and downgrading?

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

He has a 3000. That's impossible.

5. Halo-101

Halo-101 Well-Known Member

Sorry New to the psp communuty havent even got m ine yet hv 2 wait till christmas thts just what other pple downgrade i was told

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Ah!

The PSP 3000 and Go are unhackable (so far). And so are some of the later PSP 2000s, but the earlier ones are fully hackable. Up to TA88v2 mother board.

I have the TA88v1...pretty close, but still, it's fully hackable.

7. kenny6457

when do u think they will be able to hack firmware 6.20 and 6.30?

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I don't know.

Maybe in a few weeks, maybe never.

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Probably never. Best people can hope for is exploits allowing homebrew, and staying on a low firmware so when Sony fixes it they can still do their homebrew.

10. kenny6457

er so is it possible to run iso and oso(or whatever it is) on 6.30?
    or would it be possible to lower firmware?
    and would it be possible to emulate?

11. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You cannot run ISO or CSO on PSP 3000 with 6.30
    You cannot lower the firmware on PSP 3000 with 6.30
    You cannot run emulators (homebrew) on PSP 3000 with 6.30 (there is a homebrew exploit for 6.20 though, I believe).

PSP 3000 and PSP Go are not nice for people looking for Homebrew/ISO/Custom Firmware usage. PSP 1000 and early 2000s are the best, fully hackable to custom firmware no matter what firmware they are not (hardware exploit). The later 2000s, the 3000s, and the Go are only able to use software exploits which are currently being patched by Sony almost as fast as they are being found.

12. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

Gen has the 3000 and the GO hacked but requires a Hard-Mod (like the old PS1 and PS2's) they havent realesed it yet cause its still mighty unstable and they dont want Sony to patch it yet until they have it almost perfect, and if you want Homebrew/CFW or ISO's the PSP-1004 is still the greatest due to its metal skeleton and drive mechanism

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Link please?
    I never have heard of this.

14. dracky w

Just check out the psp dash hacks news

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

There's no way to have CFW on the PSPGo or 3000 permenantly. Let alone the Go or above 5.50 OFW on the late 2000/3000.

Those "modchips" do nothing more than act as a second flash. I don't understand them that well, but I know you can't do that. :p

16. dracky w

the modchips replace the unwritable Flash Mem the hardware side is Good to go its just adapting the software for it,and of course its going to get harder but as long as people can still customize circuts there will always be a way but people want the cheap easy and lazy way of doing it,and ive hardmodded a freinds 3000 with new writable flash and ran 5.50 Gen-D firmware and it works fine,except for the PSP-450 Cam

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

With that method, yes. But that will kill the PSP faster than it would with a little kid throwing it around when he gets mad. :p

18. dracky w

in which way do you mean kill?

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Modchips and hardware addons drain the life of a console.

Say, a console's normal life in well kept condition is 20 years or so. If a modchip is installed, then it strains the hardware and will actually cause the system to not have as long of a life cycle...I'm not sure how much it cuts out, but it won't last 10+ years maybe if played constantly.

20. dracky w

thats a misconception from the PS2 modchip that gets around the Copy protection by overpowering the laser,and in other consoles death by modchip was and is 99.9% caused by shoddy(crap) installation,there are some people who think they know how to install and there are people that have studied soldering and fine electronics and know how to do it,with ps2 excepted ive never seen a console die from a mod chip put in properly