1. This forum is in read-only mode.

psone

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lisab, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lisab

lisab Active Member

hi, the last time i was on here i spoke to you/someone about my psone (the samller grey/white one) and you told me that the games that i can download off romulation will be black and white no colour, is there a way to get them to play in colour please ? have no modchip etc at the mo... have spent weeks trying to work out how to to this and am getting bit fed up as dont seem to be getting anywhere. oh please help me, many thanks. lisab

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You'd have to get an NTSC (i.e American) PSX and have a television capable of displaying NTSC signals. Alternatively, playing them on a PC emulator will be in colour.

3. jw03

jw03 Active Member

so do you have to have a mod chip to play burned games on the ps. i have a small white psone (NTSC american one). but i haven't tried because i thought i had to get a mod chip 1st?

4. Loonylion

yes, you do need a modchip (or a swapdisc) to play burned games.

5. jw03

jw03 Active Member

ok thanks, thats what i thought but i wanted to make sure. it's actually just fine playing on the pc though. my 360 broke and i don't have the warranty still effective so i had to go backwards~nes, snes, sega, n64, GC, psone. but i must say the psone looks the best emulated at least with the emulators i'm using, on my pc. i want to learn and go with ps2 emulation, and possibly the gamecube with the dolphin? But for now~ PSONE. it is cooll though playing those old favorites on the psone ;D thanks

6. lisab

lisab Active Member

hi, thanks for all replies, so basically my psone is not compatible with any of the games off romulation ?
    unless i get a different american psone ? and install modchip/swapdisc
    is that correct please ?

many thanks.
    lisab

7. Loonylion

it is compatible in the sense that the game will run if you have a swapdisc/modchip, however it will not have colour with any of our games unless you get an NTSC PSX. (this is what the regions are for, PAL and NTSC are different and incompatible colour encoding schemes.)

8. lisab

lisab Active Member

hi, many thanks, is there nothing (a lead or something) that will change it so will work in colour ? lisab. x

9. Loonylion

no. If you had an NTSC PSX you could then get a converter so you can play it on a PAL TV that doesn't support NTSC signals (but they're not cheap). The PSX and game must be the same region though, because its the PSX that can't decode the colour information in the game.

10. lisab

lisab Active Member

hi. ok many thanks for your help. lisab. x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.