1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[ps3=guide]Gran turismo 5-How to train b-spec drivers correctly

Discussion in 'Cheats & Hints' started by mds64, Dec 2, 2010.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

*I do not want help I just thought of making a guide :D

Hello proud owners of gran turismo 5, now most of you are thinking "what-i do NOT want to tell a dumb ai what to do", but you do not realise what use they can be...

-For multi tasking (Right now Im writing this while my driver rips apart the compitition)
    -To see what challenges lie ahead
    -Tune cars for your own use
    -As a new challenge to conquer

Now here are some tips you need to take with you for trainign your drivers

*Watch their mood

The hot cool bar shows their mood, if you keep telling them to pace up or over take they tend to heat up, keeping it balanced is good as it means they try to win while in control, too cool means they take it easy but NO mistakes unless the stamina guages are gone, while too hot means while they try hard, they tend to screw up more, a good balance is needed.

*Stamina guages are important

The physical guage shows how they go about turns, loose this and they wont turn enough or too much, the mental one is about their reaction times, you do NOT want to loose these, if you are in a standard race with over 6 laps with a low level ai driver (below 5) consider telling them to pace down, or else they'll go about the track in a daze...

In an endurance race, it's time to swap drivers :) (before then is best)

*Tyre guages=IMPORTANT

Watch these, at the start you can ignore these, but after a lap or so they get warm, and if you push the ai too much, they tend to skid...it also helps to give them decent tyres, remember soft for short races for grip, hard for endurance, and where possible....AVOID comfort type tyres and they have a short life span, sports or racing is best ;)

*Using your commands effectivly

Now, pay attention to the command options you have present, you have "pace up", "pace down", "maintain pace", "pit stop" (endurance only) and "overtake", seems simple but you must know when to use these, "maintain pace" is good ONLY when the driver has taken lead or in an endurance race to hold the last given pace, "pace down" is best used once the ai gets into first place to keep them cool, pace him up when the other ai get too close and I personally spam at the start as their tyres are fresh meaning dare devil position snatching driving (but after lap 2 be wary of tires and driver mood), "overtake" is used best when near an ai as i noticed when not near one they cool down for no reason...

Best advice is IF it's a close race to keep giving orders, keep them hot at the start, once their tyres start wearing keep them in the middle of the bar, and keep them cool in first place but pace them up from time to time.

*What car to give

In a race choose what car YOU would use, put it in, let the ai finish the race in the stock car (be sure to give orders constantly), even if they are loosing LET THEM FINISH-they still get cash an level up points, if it's close try again, if it's a total fail upgrade where needed in power, there are some events where a stock car can win effortlessly that ISN'T overpowered, just a good choice ;)

>Big tip, in the ferrari event the f40 has a hard time because it seems to be ass heavy and the ai will demonstrate in lap one, even at level 15 so consider another ferrari....best i done is 2nd place in a fully modded f40 :(

*Have more than one driver

For endurance races, it's essential to have many drivers, so dont just level one up, I'm doing 2 drivers at once, but by the end I aim to have all ai driver slots filled with level 30 drivers.

*Remember-even dominating in an over powered car always be sure to always WATCH them!

Yep, especially at the start they need constant super vision, even though my driver in a mazda 7878 stealth model is killing the compitition in a professional event (the best car is a r32 skyline XD) I do watch them from time to time, I heard horror stories of lambo's being over taken...and loosing to Volkswagon Lupos...pace them up if the other cars get too close :p

That is it for now, any more tips gimme a buzz.