1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ps3 break

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by slumdoghonors, Jan 11, 2011.

1. slumdoghonors

slumdoghonors Member

What is this thing? It sounds like a ps3 version of a nds flashcart. I've tried reading about it, but i'm not getting a straight answer. Heres what i see so far:

I have God of War III. I plug in the ps3 break. I can back up the game. I now no longer need the God of War III disc to play the game.

This sounds a little too good to be true.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's true. I'm going to get a PS3 soon and Jailbreak it. :)

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The Jailbreak devices still need a lot of work. You can't access PSN using them, a big let down for many. The jailbreak devices, dongles, might as well still be beta. With the release of the private keys for the PS3, groups have been making CFW for the PS3 that allows it to install files (packages I guess), but no homebrew or back up loaders really exist yet. Some people such as geohot utilize the PS3break and such, but it isn't necessary in the installation of CFW. People are also designing back up loaders and such for the PS3 to be run through this CFW.

As of now, I'm not sure any jailbreak device actually works on base 3.55 firmware (or w/e the most recent PS3 firmware is). For what does work, it isn't really worth it. I would strongly suggest waiting for some heavy PS3 scene developments before running off and spending any money. Sony is on top of things in terms of jailbreak devices, so it's still gonna take some time for it to really get off the ground and get moving.

Basically, dongles are kinda useless with the latest developments and are things Sony can actually block. I wouldn't waste my time.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Oh, he made a CFW for the PS3 already. You can get on the PSN with it as well.

5. LuckyTrouble77

There are a few CFW's really. geohot's is just the only one being designed for, as the signing tools he released for homebrew are for his CFW. Pretty damn stupid. geohot is kind of a selfish asshole when you get down to it, but meh.

Anyways, I joined GBAtemp at the beginning of this year and find it very reliable for PS3 Scene news and isn't nearly as bad of a site as people like to say. People post stuff ASAP there, so I've been very up to date with all of this and have been talking to people with a much better grasp on it than myself.

Fun Fact: You can switch back to OFW from CFW and still have all the packages you installed available.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, he is pretty selfish. And him releasing the key and not wanting to be used for piracy is rather a stupid move as well on his part. There will be a way to play backups sooner or later on his CFW and Jailbreak for 3.55.

7. LuckyTrouble77

Back up loaders are already in the works. With the signing tools and slight new changes though with new info found, they are having to be reshaped some. Somebody already got their Castlevania: Lord of Shadows game to run by patching it to an EBOOT or something such as that and tricking the PS3 into thinking it was a PSN title.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I saw that. It was rather interesting. I may end up getting a PS3 as I am getting the jailbreak device - the E Reader. Plus, I want to be able to play Ratchet and Clank...

9. LuckyTrouble77

Once back up loaders are solid and everything, I'll consider starting the whole downloading thing. The sheer size of PS3 games is enough to deter some people though.

10. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

Yep , there are some HDD contain ps3 ISO already for sale . ;)

11. slumdoghonors

slumdoghonors Member

So in the conversation between Nathan and Ace, i got that you should not upgrade the firmware to 3.55 and that you cannot access psn?

I'm a little lost on the rest of your conversation. ><

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You can get on the PSN if you have 3.55, but be careful about system updates. 3.55 can be hacked to play games on it as well apparently if you modify the PS3 game and turn it into an EBOOT file.

What else do you want to know about the PS3?

13. slumdoghonors

slumdoghonors Member

i wanted to play some games that people have been raving about (FF, assassins creed) but i do not have the money to do so. If this gave me a good way to play through these games (and i actually enjoyed those games) i would go out and buy them...

I don't intend to go online, and I'm just a simple gamer. =) i was hoping this would be a plug-n-go situation.

14. jjyypi

jjyypi Member

we are the same, simpley.