1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PS2/Wii Roms

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jim_hansol, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim_hansol

jim_hansol New Member

OK...will this site ever go to PS2 and Wii Roms...If so that would be great..

For the time being/does anyone know where to do download Wii/PS2 roms...I did find a site for PS2 but only in PAL...More interested in Wii roms...

thanks
    james

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Probably not. The question has been asked a lot. PS2 and Wii ROMs are VERY large.

The best place to get them is from Bittorrent sites. With files that are 1 to 8 Gigabytes in size, Bittorrents are usually your best bet.

3. jim_hansol

jim_hansol New Member

Yeah,....that is what I was thinking.....just bought a new wii.....and just looking around first for the roms....need to mod it too.....but now i see on this site there is modless way using the homebrew method.....have not found anywhere if this works or not.....just for homebrew games....

thanks

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

That way is called softmod and it does work.

As for the topic, PS2, maybe some time, but not soon.

Wii, not for a very many years.

5. Ultimate-Sonic-3000

Ultimate-Sonic-3000 Well-Known Member

OMFG! Not this situation again! Won't you people understand that RomUlation doesn't have enough money to host ISO's like these platforms! Sheesh!

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

nor do we want the risk of hosting wii ISOs...

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Is that because of nintendo's anti piracy rule is that strong?

I'm surprised they didn't shut this site completly, what with the ds games still coming in, but then again you guys dodged one bullet...

But don't do it again, I mean, look at the size of it... (looks at military missle silo) I am content with what we got, sure prehaps gamecube iso's, and save states prehaps, as long as you guys don't blow your budget...and your cover!

8. khaislash

khaislash Well-Known Member

If you're willing to pay for lawsuit. Who knows? Maybe Seph would host PS2/Wii ISOs.

9. Satangel

Satangel Member

What about WiiWare / VC titles?
    They are way smaller ( around DS game size ) and they are hard to find on the internet.
    I don't know any site ( well I do know one, but it's with torrents and you need to maintain a ratio ) that has all the WiiWare/VC games of every region.
    And it gets a lot of downloads, seeing how easy the Wii is hackable.

10. Seph

We are not interested in Wiiware right now, it's too new for me to feel safe having it on RomUlation.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Just download the original roms from here, and use an emu...

I use a snes emu on my psp to play super metroid :)

12. Satangel

Satangel Member

The Wii doesn't have that good emulators. For the SNES it's good, but for the N64....
    Almost nothing there yet, they are still working on it.

And it's not especially for VC games, it's for the WiiWare I would like to see this.

But I understand Seph, it would attrack too much heat.

13. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

WiiWare is horrible. There's nothing real good that's out. And you can get it on almost any good torrent site (without maintaining a ratio).

I'm more interested in the VC stuff, but that's limited to SNES and N64 for me...

14. Satangel

Satangel Member

WiiWare isn't very good, I agree, but there are some very good games out there.
    World of Goo is epic, one of the best games I've ever played.
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King, LostWinds, Toki Tori, Megaman 9 (for you old school gamers out there, incredibly hard) , Swords & Soldiers, Icarian and Tetris Party are all very good games, well worth the download.
    I too expected more from the WiiWare service, but it isn't that bad.

15. insanecrazy07

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=19133.msg253960#msg253960
    My little rant on a few WiiWare games...moreso the Wii in general.
    I just don't see what's so special about World of Goo...That genre just doesn't appeal to me. If I'm not shooting someone square in the face, dicing them up close, or doing that sort of thing turn-based style, then it will most likely, not appeal to me. New weapons, modes of transportation, flying airships, Star Wars references are most welcome. Moving slime aiming for a pipe just...I don't know. I don't get it.

I tried LostWinds. It's...again...different. I don't have a sword, or a laser and a chaser, nor big explosions or epic boss battles. I don't have a teammate that I can throw off into the abyss only to have it magically blinking behind me. I am defenseless against little black blobs. Really, how can you kill a blob without the Mana Sword?

I just found out today that Pikmin (or Pikmin 2) is like an RTS...hmmm...Starcraft --> Pikmin. I don't see that much of a resemblance.

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Don't you have anything else-ds, psp, gba (barley) or even a pc can do these...

17. Satangel

Satangel Member

If you want an RTS on the Wii, go with Swords & Soldiers (WiiWare), Pikmin, Little Kings Story and Anno 1404.
    If you want shooter, go with CoD World at War, The Conduit and Onslaught (WiiWare)
    If you want (turnbased) RPG, go with Fire Emblem and maybe Twilight Princess. I agree there aren't a lot of good RPG's on the Wii yet, but there are plethora of good RPG's in the VC catalog or you could emulate them.

As for endbosses, Metroid Prime 3 has some epic boss battles.
    And MadWorld has a lot of blood and gore and has boss battles too (IIRC)

@mds64, Yes I have a PC that can emulate very well, but I want to play my consle games with a controller, not with the keyboard.

18. insanecrazy07

I was actually waiting for Metroid Prime Trilogy or whatever to be released since 1 and 2 will have the new controls and hopefully have online support.
    I already mentioned how multiplatform games are better played on the 360 and the PS3, so COD-anything is out.

I agree with the whole console games with a controller, not a keyboard. I can only play so much on a keyboard, and when the game wants you to hold down 3 buttons, well, the keyboard doesn't always register all of the button presses.

19. Seph

Locked since it's entirely off topic now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.