1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ps2 roms?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by umarmalik25, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. umarmalik25

umarmalik25 Member

Hey guys, what happenin'? I'm not sure if this is in the right area or not, but I was just wondering about something. Can you put ps2 games on a usb drive , or external hard drive, and then play em on a ps2? If you can, can you tell me what all I would have to do? (sorry if there's already a thread about this, just point me in the right direction, and i'll be on my way :))

2. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I think there is a way, but the problem is the PS2 doesn't support USB 2.0 so the PS2 games will play noticely slower than with a disc.

I recommend sticking with DVD-R discs. It will save you the trouble.

3. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

wouldn't ps2 isos take a whole day/hours to download.just asking.

4. sexywogboy

It depends on your download speed. PS2 games range anywhere from 10mb to around 4GB.

On a internet connection like mine, it would take maybe more than a day to download a PS2 game, while with other's it may only take 30min.

5. alexong96

so why are there different speed downloads?
    does it depend on the computer or area?

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it depends on the technology used, what country you're in, where in the country you are (you get much better speeds in the city than the countryside), how much you pay for your connection, how well developed your telecoms infrastructure, how much the provider invests in said infrastructure, whether or not they use traffic shaping, how far away the server is from you, how good the server is and how good the route between you and it is.

7. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I don't recommend playing ps2 games using a usb drive or external hard drive...
    I've tried it by using the 160Gb external hard drive and the games run very slower...

8. Loonylion

the large (original) PS2 can be fitted with an internal hard disk, which is probably faster than a USB one.

9. meganova

what if I burn the game into dvd?
    can it run smoothly without any problem?

10. Loonylion

possibly.

11. sexywogboy

What do you mean? What type of mod does your PS2 have?

If your talking about burning PS2 iso's to a DVD-R disc, than yes a game will on most occassions run perfectly, as long as your PS2 is modded.

12. meganova

umm...
    what do you mean by 'modded'?

13. alexong96

my ps2 can work fine with pirated games.
    it can also work fine with pirated dvd's

14. sexywogboy

I thought you having 750 posts on romulation, you wouldv'e known what modded means by now.

Modded, meaning is your PS2 modded with a modchip, or softmodded with Free Mcboot etc.

When you said this, I thought that meant that your PS2 would have been modded in some way. How else would you have gotten the 160GB external HD to work?

15. meganova

Having 750 posts doesn't mean I know all about these things....

I forgot to mention that,it was my friend external hard drive..
    I just using it..

16. sexywogboy

This site is based all around modding, with roms from various consoles. I really don't know how you wouldn't have known about modding by now.

Anyway, If you'd like to know more about modding and modded consoles, searching google will help you out.

17. meganova

Sorry,sorry.. :-\
    By the way,
    Is it a software or hardware? ???

18. Loonylion

can be either

19. sexywogboy

Yes, it can be both software and hardware, thus the names softmod and hardmod.

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I FORGIVE YOU for not nowing...just forgive that I forgot to take off caps lock and then redoing this sentance XD

..um, it can be both (modding a ps2), if it's software it's mc boot or prehaps a boot disc, hardware is a chip or the harddrive add on...

I personally play the games on my laptop-so technically it's software XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.