1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PS2 Roms from torrent, How do they work?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by codytheheatmonster, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey everyone,

Basically, I've downloaded Kingdom hearts 2 for the PS2 via torrent to my PC.

I just want to know what to do now, It's got a load of zip folders, and I don't know what to do.

Help? Thanks.

2. fdgsaoralex

fdgsaoralex Well-Known Member

you have to open the first one and extract the file from it, it will extract the file from all of the zip files you have (I'm not sure, but I think you might need winrar to do this, I always use it, but like I said, Im not sure).

now it depends, do you want to run the iso through an emulator or are you playing it through a real ps2?

3. I wanted to play it through Pcsx2, a PC PS2 emulator, but apparently it only allows .elf files.

I have extracted them all, and have a final "s-kh2.iso" Zip folder, so what do I do now?

4. Zaertix

Zaertix Well-Known Member

Unpack that zip and you should be left with the iso which you can load into the emulator with the proper plugin

5. Nope :/ I'm left with another folder with other files, including one folder, "pad2"

Any ideas?

6. fdgsaoralex

ooooh, you need to extract the s-kh2.iso file, it isn't a folder, it's just extraction programs can open them. Your emulator should be able to run the .iso file

7. ...What?

AllI've got to is I have a Zip folder,that when I open it with Winrar is called "s-kh2.iso"

When it's been extracted,it's just some other files, no .iso anywhere

8. fdgsaoralex

well then it seems like the zip folder (which isn't a folder... it's a file) IS the game itself, the files you're seeing inside are the files that are on a kingom hearts 2 game disk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.