1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ps2 isos!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by panayo, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panayo

panayo Member

well hallo to all the members out there im new so i must introduse my self im panagiotis and im from greece nice to meet ya all i came to this site because i wanted to live my age again so.....
    on the subject ;D well im asking if you can put ps2 isos in this site because i see that you got n64 dreamcast psx etc so why not ps2?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

They are much larger than your regular PSX etc. images.

3. panayo

panayo Member

agree but with all of the roms here i suppose that they can handle this

4. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

as far as I know A) PS2 isos are much too big for us to host at the moment, and B) there are still some copyright/illegality issues regarding PS2 isos (seph?)

5. panayo

panayo Member

so psx games are forgotten by copyright/illegality issues? as i can imagine in decent future i believe that we can see psx games as a gift from magazines as for ps2 isos i believe that you have right but what about the rar method?

6. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

im sure seph or loony knows more about this than me. But PS2s are still current gen system, and as far as I know PS2s and PS2 games are still in production and are being sold in stores, where as PSX is no longer available in stores and many games can no longer be purchased for PS1.

7. panayo

panayo Member

ok thanks you were helpfull so thats it i suppose when ps2 games stop the developing <we can finally see isos on romulation:)>

8. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

just for reference most PS2 isos are around 2-4GB, thats significantly higher than PSX, which also means we would need bigger hosts which equals more money which would probably mean that we couldnt supply any free downloads anymore just to pay for the added costs.

Besides there are plenty of other places to get PS2 isos.

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We currently don't have the server capacity to host PS2 ISOs and we're not too comfortable with hosting them yet, maybe in a year or two when it has died a bit.

10. ooohhh... can't wait for romulation to start hosting them ps2 iso's... XD I have a PS2 emulator, but so far I'm lazy and can't be bothered to configure it, and I still don't have a single iso... I'll be looking forward for that... ^u^

11. Girogex

Girogex Guest

I know one site that has ps2 downloads but I wont and can't say because its a sin against the romulation bible !

12. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Then why post it about it? Pretty pointless and makes you look a bit like a braggart.

If people want PS2 ISOs then they should learn to use torrents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.