1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[PS2] FFXII - International Zodiac Job System Cutscene Sound Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cloudlinkin, Jul 26, 2012.

1. cloudlinkin

cloudlinkin New Member

In the opening movies of the game, the sound constantly crackles and cuts out.
    Has anybody else who downloaded this game from turtleshare have the same problems?

I have tried configuring my emulator but it doesn't seem to help, and I've never had this issue with any other games before.
    Also, game runs at full speed on PCSX2 (60FPS). 60 FPS is definitely consistent during the opening movies.
    Other music in the game is fine (i.e. when selecting setting in new game).

I'm thinking one of the downloaded parts might be corrupt, but how can I check? Part 7 was corrupt before, because extraction showed an error around 98%, but I redownloaded part 7, and it extracted properly.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Its not the ROM will be the emualtor issues.

At the end of the day, if you are in the uk you can pickup a real PS2 for as little as £15-25

I got my PS2 on a boot sale for £10 and works grate, And this exact game of the outdoor market for £5

Grate game 8) !, But easy boss ending :( , The espes are much harder and better ;) Woth the effort for a Ribbon.

3. cloudlinkin

cloudlinkin New Member

It's not a problem with the emulator. The sound issues are not a result of slowdown and are not consistent, i.e. not every 3 seconds or when there's a loud sound.

I just want to confirm whether my download is corrupt or the files on turtleshare are?
    Thanks guys.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if the file was corrupt it wouldnt work at all.

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Correct,

My guess try diffrent sound settings are try diffrent sound drivers/plugins .

http://pcsx2.net/download/viewcategory/9-plugins.html

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Forum-Plugins--72

Mabe overs on google.

6. reekon_retro

reekon_retro Well-Known Member

Check the PCSX2 compatibility list for the version/build of the emulator to see if there are issues with said game you're playing and if it needs specific Gamefixes. Region is also an important factor as I've heard that PAL(Europe Region) games need patches for you to go in-game, fix bugs,etc.