1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ps2 emulator question

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Guntankpilot00, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guntankpilot00

Guntankpilot00 New Member

im transfreing the ps2 emulator to my girlfriends computer but its asking for direct x to update, problem is she has no internet and iv'e tried transfering a direct x update to her computer and it gave me a(n) error saying its not a valid windows 32 program, how can i update her DX? is there a(n) update i can use? (im using a psp to tranfer programs from my computer to hers btw)

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not a valid win32 program usually means the download got corrupted. Also make sure you download the directx redistributable, not the web installer (web installer will be a few hundred KB to a few MB, redistributable will be nearer 90MB).

3. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

maybe you can buy a game, sometime there is an update-program for direct-x on the CD (example: the sims 2 (PC))

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Unless it's a cheap bargin bin game that may not have it on the disc-not everyone would do this-it's not cheap.

...I have but one idea-but the cost would make a new pc game cheaper to obtain-unless...

POSTER-your girl friends pc-can it be moved-prehaps just wire that up to some net-like yours and see if that work for you-cheapest easiest answer.

5. yoshi2889

What? sorry cant speak so good english...

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I just said it's not the cheapest option.

Most people can't be bother paying for anything.

BTW-try an online translator if what english you know fails-I know when I type wrong it's hard to understand but using say google translator can help expand what you may know :)

7. yoshi2889

ok, i will say one thing as good as i can, so you can download the sims 2 free (its just a example) with bittorrent (www.bittorrent.com to download) and so can you download free movies, games, music and more! (www.thepiratebay.org to download torrents to download the programs (its in dutch, there is a button like language/selecteer taal click on that button))
    Post Merge: [time]1253956564[/time]
    ok i know... i am living in holland, so.
    Post Merge: [time]1253956671[/time]
    and-- if you want to download things for the PS2 i say: ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

1.Might be a bit much on download limit-but that is something I hadn't thought of :)

2.Holand-we have a few other dutch members-follow them about when they are on and maybe they can help with the language barrier :)

3.DX can't be found there-it's a microsoft thing.

Plus remember-the pc recieving this doesn't have net access-hence why I suggested moving it.

9. yoshi2889

i know, but you can select the files from (example:) the sims 2, i should select the directx files.

10. Loonylion

download directx here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=9226a611-62fe-4f61-aba1-914185249413

This file can be moved to another computer and run without internet.

11. yoshi2889

yes, thats a option too, but thats exactly what i mean!

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...now I wish someoe gave me that-I had to use all this id crap just to get directx :(

13. yoshi2889

i think i cant get directx, because my computer says: Your system may be at risk, you are not able to get the full range of updates available from microsoft. but i may not update my computer from my dad.

14. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You should tell your dad that he should keep his computer up to date with Windows updates.

Regardless of what the conspiracy theorists and windows-nay-sayers may say, Windows Updates are a major key to keeping your windows system safe from viruses.

15. Loonylion

you dont want automatic updates, and you dont need all the updates microsoft tries to give you. You only need most of them. The major flaw with windows updates is microsoft has a habit of releasing updates that arent properly tested, which result in more problems than they fix. One of the servers I look after for a local business automatically updated to IE 7, and it killed the server until I removed it. by updating manually you can delay the installation of new patches for a few weeks, giving microsoft time to fix the bugs in them.

16. yoshi2889

yes, but when we update, the computer crashes. and we have a virusscanner.
    you don't want the same as the dad from my dad? computer gets full so, the screen gets inside itself and he must restart because of windows automatic updates.

17. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I don't keep it on auto-update. I just have it download them and then ask me which ones to install.
    Mostly the security fixes.

But people like my parents and grandparents that have it disabled and go years and years without updating...

18. yoshi2889

ok, its ok then, but look out what you install!

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Download less.

Simple as that.

[me=mds64]raises hand[/me]

20. yoshi2889

but one update has set his computer so that he does not what he want!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.