1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ps2 emulator help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gameboy5.0, Sep 2, 2010.

1. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

ok then i have a ps2 emulator cal pcsx2 0.9.7. it works on my computer (last time it crash my computer) the only thing is that the frame rate is at 20. i know that my ps2 has to run at around 60 for the game to be play right (i know that on the ps1 emulator) so how can i fix the setting on the ps2 emulator so that i can fix the frame rate

2. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Your PC isn't strong enough. You need to look up game/speed compatibility and get a graphics card that costs over nine thousaand dollars.

Anyways, some stuff runs pretty well in pcsx2 even on my integrated shitefest PC; I know that some of the easiest games to run are Kao 2, Animaniacs and probly some 2d stuff.

And if there was a setting to make it faster, I DOUBT it would be turned off in the first place :D

EDIT: They are...be sure to enable all recommended speedhacks and you may squeeze out a few more FPS.

[​IMG]

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

The Speedhacks option on 0.9.7 is still unstable, even if some settings are recommended.

I suggest playing it on previous beta, r1888.
    or preferably upgrading your PC.

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Mine is slow too, GTA3 is just about playable at 32 frames.

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Im not to sure if that emulator yet takes advantage of the quod core PC's...

6. msg2009

No it doesn't ive looked into it because mine is an AMD quad core.
    At the minute I don't think theres anything you can do except wait for the emulator to improve or buy a more compatible PC.

7. Jhon 591

Yep just have to wait untill they get around to add it , And i would like to buy a new PC i do get sick of a signal core PC even though it's not all that bad!

8. msg2009

Ive just had an idea, PAL games play at 50 frames and NTSC is 60, so if possible download the PAL version.
    It should help the speed right?

9. Jhon 591

Yes it could,

But also try to use the right plugins for graphics, it can also help it speedup

On a siganl core PC i can only get the bios to run fast - but final fantasy 10 ownly down to 25-35 fps

10. msg2009

Im playing dark cloud about 40-45fps its hardly noticable except the music is a bit slow at times.

11. Jhon 591

Can't remember witch plugin , I think its the dirextX one , change 1024 x 1024 to 512 X 512 this dose a big speedup

12. msg2009

The window size didn't make any difference to my speed, GTA3 was running at 36fps with all the speed hacks on though.
    I don't know which plugins to use, im gonna look around the net see if theres any recommendations for my pc.

13. Jhon 591

It was GSDX9 plugin, get the correct one for your pixle shaders of your graphics card

D3D internal res

from 1024 to 512 each, is not a window low

14. msg2009

Found it, im new to this so still learning :)
    GTA3 is now running at 40fps and is totally playable, just a little bit slow.

15. gameboy5.0

ok then well i get this is going to take some time then. i am playing on the laptop but if i could get the games to play at a speed that not so slow then i be ok. the games i like to play are kingdom hearts 1 and 2 and maybe the chain om memory made for ps2. and sly copper 3. maybe jack 1 2 and 3. that about it. (sigh) i would get a better computer but i dont have the money and i plan to get the new 360s. well thanks for the help. now i got to get ready for school.

16. Jhon 591

Lol i also do need a better PC!, Its just them certin games that don't

Nothink can be done at the moment...

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

PAL is 25fps and NTSC is 30fps.

18. msg2009

On this emulator its 50 and 60, no idea why.
    Post Merge: [time]1283434060[/time]
    After looking around wikipedia was the biggest help when it came to plugins.

GSdx is the highest performing graphics plug-in for Windows and utilizes DirectX. Development is tied to PCSX2's Google Code project, so new builds will follow in step with PCSX2's project SVN numbers.
    Hardware mode typically yields the fastest framerate and is accompanied with a texture resolution hack that can upscale to virtually any size (thus creating smoother lines and less jaggies), but this mode is not always the most accurate and at times switching to the native resolution or software mode will create a more complete image.
    Software mode is necessarily slower in nearly all cases, but it has the option of choosing the number of processor threads to use, which is optimally the maximum number of cores your processor contains (this is currently the only method for utilizing more than 2 cores/processors with PCSX2).

19. gameboy5.0

found ps2 emulator and it runs fast.

go to this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB6LGZqb2bE. i try it and it run fastrer the the ps2 emulator that is in the beta. right now i am trying to get a game to work. but if i get it to work i will be a happy camper

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Re: found ps2 emulator and it runs fast.

You need a really good computer.

Mine won't even run it near that speed.
    And did you read the video description? It has everything. :p

It's PCSX2.