1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PS2 Emulation Questions

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Aldar, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

As the subject says, i need to get a couple PS2 Emu questions answered.

1) How well does it Emulate? (namely Dark Cloud 2 using the actual game disc)
    2) What kind of PC stats would i need to run it well?

Those are all for now, more maybe to come depending on the answers.
    Thanks in advance. :)

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

as far as i know, PS"2" emulation is still kinda at an early stage, and BTW, my hardware didn't support it, and it's pretty decent....so i have come to believe it requires VERY HIGH SPECS........

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

First, what emulator are you using? I think there is really only one, so this might be a pointless question. I'm not sure if there is any emulator that can run discs though. It will probably want an ISO file to load. If I'm wrong though, disregard this.

For the computer specs, they need to be kind of good to emulate PS2 games well. Once again, I sadly don't have specifics, but an average machine won't be able to run a PS2 emulator too terribly well.

4. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

you need to have COMPLETE openGL support, cuz that's what the emu runs on, if you don't support 3.2, you're screwed....

5. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Thanks all...
    These responses are good enough to crush my dreams of playing some of my PS2 games on my PC anytime soon.
    Suppose i will have to fork out the cash for a VGA Box after all. (cause it's too damn hot in my living room to play anything)

6. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Completely and utterly false. There are a variety of plugins that support different standards, GL and DX.

Fastest CPU you can get, 3ghz+ Core 2 Duo minimum for Dark Cloud 2, even then it'll probably be slow as it's one of the more intensive games to get running. You'll also want a relatively decent graphics card that supports DX10.

7. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

If you are using PCSX2, then you need to have at least SSE2 supported.
    Dark Cloud 2 runs well on 0.9.6, as well on the beta version.