1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PS2 Emu starting?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Red_Storm, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red_Storm

Red_Storm Active Member

this is not really technical, yet I want to start Emu a PS2, yet I dont know how to start safe.
    I have had EPSXE for a while, and it is nice. the next step should work right?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

ePSXe emulates Playstation 1 games. It cannot play Playstation 2 games.

If you go to Emulator Zone you will find a list of the available PS2 emulators, and some info about them. It looks like PCSX2 is the most compatible, but it's not perfect. http://www.pcsx2.net/compat.php?c=key lists the compatibility of certain games.

Looks like a very good list of games, but your computer will need to be powerful to work correctly, a bit more powerful than you needed for ePSXe.

3. Red_Storm

Red_Storm Active Member

Well what I ment was I know how to emu, and wish to safly get to PS2 emu. Yet I dont know where to get the Bi_s or Roms.
    Now Saying it like that makes me look like a D-Bag, witch I dont want to.

4. TirithRR

Due to the size of the PS2 games, you'll probably have to get them from bittorrent websites.

As far as the bi_s goes, you'll have to get that by searching on google or some emulator websites, just be careful about where you choose to download them from.

5. Red_Storm

Red_Storm Active Member

thats the reason I asked, I want to keep my comp safe...
    Sorry for taking your time.

6. tomitanoshii

tomitanoshii Well-Known Member

You might want to start going into their forums, specifically the "Will my PCSX2 run fast on my computer" thread http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2331.html then the tutorials. Getting roms the safest way would be from torrents but a little googling would yield some file sharing forums you might want to try your hands on.

7. TirithRR

I must say. I never tried emulating PS2 before. I always assumed it was very glitchy and still in the beginning stages. But the pcsx2 website was real nice. And the compatibility list was surprisingly big, and included my favorites Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII.

In the end, it was easier to use than ePSXe. Five hours of downloading and configuration and I had Kingdom Hearts 2 running perfectly. (Most of that time was the ISO).

Kudos to those guys. Hopefully you have a similarly easy time getting PCSX2 running, Red Storm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.