1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PS2 Controller to USB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by link407, Sep 20, 2009.

1. link407

link407 New Member

I'm looking to use a PS2 controller for my PC's until/if Sony releases official drivers for the PS3 controller. Can anyone recommend a good PS2 controller to USB converter and a respectable site to buy it from? I'd just go buy a wired 360 controller but I like the feel of the Playstation controllers better.

Thanks.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there are drivers for the PS3 controllers already, otherwise you could get a PC controller thats shaped like a PS2 controller?

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Many of those-like logitech's one...

Or like me cheap knock off-lacks rumble but it does the job button wise.

But an xbox360 one would do better-most controllers these days have the same foot print and work the same-plus most vista/windows games reccomend them.

If you could be bothered shelling out for one that is.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Actually theres far more PS2 style controllers than xbox360 style, which is a crap knock-off of the dreamcast controller anyhow.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Oh I meant the real 360 controller XD

But quite true about ps2 shape.

BTW-everyone knows it was a evolved/knock off of the snes controller but with sticks and extra buttons.

:D

6. xmasterchefx

xmasterchefx Well-Known Member

There are drivers online for PS3 controllers. Ironically, I use the PS3 controller for Halo. I like that control style best. I forgot the download link, but you can easily DL the drivers off a site that was "Google'd" and then configure it using the Game Controllers program on Windows OSes.

7. link407

link407 New Member

Thanks for the replies guys. The only reason I'd rather use a Playstation controller is the D-pad. I'd be mostly gaming emulation on my laptop pre-PSX so I'd not really have any use for the analog sticks too often. Every 360 controller I've ever used has had problems with the D-pad like having to push really hard to get the contacts to register or the angle's would be off kilter as in pushing up-right and having it go either strictly up or right. And the Motioninjoy drivers for the PS3 controller have been a pain in my ass since trying them. Never worked right for me.

But if there's a good controller with a solid D-pad I'll be all in.

8. xmasterchefx

xmasterchefx Well-Known Member

Just get those cheap logitechs that have some analogs, but with great d-pads, IMO. Buttons are colorful and well labelled, and have shoulder buttons. I dunno what their models are called exactly, but those Logitech ones are great, whether it's for retro gaming or just to play games not meant for PC (like sports games).

9. progenocide

progenocide Member

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=SIL-USB-PS2-DS-2PK&cat=JOY