1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ps1/ps2 save data from pc to memory card?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I've been looking on ebay for such a product-dex drive seems good but...

-only does ps1 saves

-does not do ps2

-serial port only (I lack such a port :( )

I thought I saw one-it links both cards to a usb adaptor for ps3...

But not sure if this item will work on my laptop-would I need special software?

Answer soon-5 hours to go :(

otherwise....any suggestions?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

They sell USB to Serial adapters. I have to use them at work all the time because machinery in the controls industry still communicate using DB9 connections, yet computers these days have stopped including Serial ports in favor of USB.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=USB+to+Serial&x=0&y=0

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I thought about that-but what about ps2 saves from which I previously saved from pcsx2?

Would that ps3 adaptot work-it uses a usb port-or no.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I believe the Action Replay Max Evo can be used to transfer save files back and forth.

http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/PS2-Action-Replay-MAX-EVO-Edition-16MB---USA___EF000071.aspx

Google yields results that say it works, but can corrupt memory cards if done wrong.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/USB-controller-Memory-Card-Adapter-for-Sony-PS2-to-PS3_W0QQitemZ180398674127QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item2a009950cf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I hate action replay stuff especialy if it corrupts my saves...will this one work or just for ps3-it's a usb device to I assumed...

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I have a PS2 memory card with a USB port built in, not sure if it can do PSX, and the save files would need converting.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

What's the name of it?

And a pic?

I beleive that you can send the ps1 saves onto a ps2 card on the system (won't work/play but it's good back-up if the ps1 card is full) so it's prehaps my best option.

If you can looney give that a go-transfer (better option-copy) a ps1 save to that card and see if it can be moved about...and then try ripping one out of an emulator save (epsxe and pcsx2-what I used to use)...

If you can :D

Thanks anyways-I lost the item I was after but I guess juding for response...the fact that's it's a ps3 accessory (that and it's from hong kong) means it's not worth it.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its a memor32. Google will find details of it. I don't have any PSX save games since my PSX memory card died about a year ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.