1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ps1 isos on playstation

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by nbadell, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbadell

nbadell Well-Known Member

is it possible to play ps1 isos that i have burnt to a disk on my playstation system??

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

only if your playstation has a modchip installed

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

There is apparently a trick for older psx consoles.

You gotta put in a disc (real one) and once it get's to a certain point-swap mid spin.

BUT I have yet to try-not all can do this-and I don't know the timing...

Just saying-for best results get a chip :)

4. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I believe that trick still involves what was called a "Mod Pod" its a cheat device like Action Replay or Gameshark that plugs into the I/O port you boot it up with an actual disk and before the "PS" leaves the screen you place the burn or import in and it will load up you can read more about it here http://sadbuttru.tripod.com/index.htm

For newer models you will have to chip the system.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Nope, it didn't involve anything like that, I used to do it a lot, you just had to have a lot of patience when doing so.

6. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

+1

I have used this method a few times, and can confirm that it does work, it does take patience for it to work, but once the game starts, it works brilliantly.

But, I also have a PS1 with a modchip, and it works brilliantly with all games tested so far. It's an old modchip and it's been in my PS1 for a decade now, so you don't have to worry about a modchip one day killing your PS1.

Modchip for PS1=Highly recommended.

7. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I admit defeat, and again I have learned something new.

8. makenic101

makenic101 Well-Known Member

please help! I have a playstation 2 with a mod chip and i tried playing a psx iso that i burnt in a cd but it doesn't work
    it works in the beginning but when you get to the start menu it freezes. does someone know what i'm doing wrong?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.