1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PS1 emulator for PSP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lancaster, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Lancaster

Lancaster Well-Known Member

Since the recent crack of Firmware versions 3.00 and 3.01, a new PS1 emulator has recently been released. It's in alpha build, but expect more in the near future. Start downloading your isos and enjoy. :)

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Will the PSP really be able to play psx games properly? Is that tiny handheld fast enough? o_O

3. Lancaster

Lancaster Well-Known Member

Yes. Actually it's more powerful than the ps1 and a little weaker than the PS2. The emulator released is called PS1-P. I'm not sure if it's taking from Sony's emulator or make from scratch.

4. kirbyss

kirbyss New Member

No, it's built from scratch. The "emulator" in 3.0 isn't even an emulator. All the games are recompiled in EBOOT form.

5. Seph

so it does what? it recompiles the games to psp code? o_O

6. RedMageMoogle

RedMageMoogle Member

I was never a huge fan of the PSP.

And how will it work if it has no L2/R2, L3/R3 or right analog stick?

7. Seph

Same way as it works on the PC? Some games might not be playable though due to L2/R2

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

IDK, personally I have one of those PC/PSX/xbox/GC controllers thats got more buttons than you could ever need on it...

9. Seph

I play N64 games on my PC, even though it has an analog controller it works just fine using keys. Most of the times.

10. G.C

G.C Well-Known Member

You Can Also Play NES, SNES, SEGA, ATARI, N64, GB, GBA, And More :eek:, And You Can Change The Buttons, Say If You Use The Analog Stick Instead Of The D Pad, You Can Use The D Pad For L2/R2...

11. niche fiend

niche fiend New Member

the games that get released for psp are generally rubbish.i only use mine for the homebrew stuff.the psone games work a treat.try driver you wont beleive it!

p.s. also if you use psx2psp you can compress the iso's ;D

12. AMTF

AMTF Member

I use this emulator. Sony have a PSX emulator built into the PSP firmwares over 3.00. Sony have a shop accessible through the PS3 where you can buy PSX games for it. A guy called Dark_AleX hacked the firmware so it can run own PSX games converted to EBOOT format.