1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ps1 burns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Atomize, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Atomize

Atomize New Member

Hi guys and girls hope you are all well and -I hope you can help me 8)

Im having probs with burt ps1 games now iv done this about 5 years ago with same ps1 download loads roms burt them to cd disk swap was easy.now then

5 years later i have same ps1 but no games i downloaded loads of games burt them with imgburn x1 they work on my pc emu fine but i just cant get them to disk swap in the ps1 at all i had time crisis game orignal copied to image on my pc burt to to cd and try to disk swaped and it worked but all the games i download dont they are all EU games as well please help :(

2. jackass@lala

jackass@lala Well-Known Member

i don't really understand your question . will u explain more?

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

He's saying he can't run/play the games he he burns onto disc with the same PS1 he had for years.

Maybe the problem is your PS1's reading lens mechanism is already starting to die out and not with the burning process, seeing as you said you used to be able to play burnt discs on it?

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Maybe the mod-chip is weak, thus why only original copies work on it and finds difficult to run pirated ones. Unfortunately, it's getting really difficult to find spare parts for PS1 and PS2 these days, unless refurbished. Thus why I recently sold my PS2 set, and did the same years earlier with my PS1 set. Keeping only the game CDs of cause.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it's not chipped, he's using the swap trick.

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Don't it still need a modded chip to read it even when doing such trick? My ex-PS1 was modded to read both originals and pirated, not sure with his. I did swap trick on my ex-PS2 to run pirated PS1 games, wasn't easy and don't always work, but that too still needed an external usb mod-chip. But I may be wrong as you pointed out. Been long time since I played PS games before deciding to sell 'em of after dust collecting for so long.