1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Protected SD Card - Can't add roms or delete or format [ok nevermind, fixed]

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by caffeinatedteacup, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Just as the topic's title says. I insert my SD card in my laptop and it asks me to format. But if I do I lose all of my games (after this i will keep a copy of my roms and saves). Is there a way to save those files or am I doom?

NEW: So now that it is magically working and that I could do a back-up, it says my card is write protected

.... soooo.. wtf dudes

ALRIGHT I'M STUPID, THE LOCK SWITCH WAS 'ON' ON THE SD CARD ITSELF, ALL IS COOL NOW!

2. akds

akds Member

Re: Windows suddenly asks to format SD card

I had the problem too. I used the other computer at home then and then it worked.
    Hope it will help you somehow

3. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

Re: Windows suddenly asks to format SD card

i had this same problem. I was unfortunately forced to format it. You have to use the Panasonic SD card formatter (Google magic). After that it should never do it again.
    However, before you have to lose all your games, you can try it on different computers, that worked for different SD cards. Just get the backups off the card then format it on your other computer.

4. Re: Windows suddenly asks to format SD card

No other computer at home can read SD card do I guess I have to restart everything. Oh well my fault for not doing backups ^^
    Post Merge: [time]1268593545[/time]
    And now that I have accepted my fate IT WORKED! You little nasty card... well time to do a back up <3

5. khairaj08

khairaj08 Well-Known Member

Re: Windows suddenly asks to format SD card [Fixed with magic]

That used to happen to me but now i safely remove my sd card and it doesn't happen

6. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

I just restart the computer a couple of times until it doesn't say it needs to format the disc. Annoying, but hey, it works.

7. abcgummy1791

abcgummy1791 New Member

Ha! That just happened to me 30 minutes ago! I was freaking out.