1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Project64

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TW17, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TW17

TW17 Member

I have tried to run several n64 games with the P64 (latest version / not beta) emulator and with each one after a minute or so into the game I am experiencing
    graphics freezing and audio looping. Here's my system:

Dell Dimension 4600
    P4 2.80 GHz w/HT Technology
    1 GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce FX5200

Could it be a plugin problem? - I have the recommended plugins that came with the P64 installation.

2. skelevisi0n

skelevisi0n Active Member

Update your graphics card driver? Looks like a pretty old card you have there so it may be unsupported. Are the games fine for a minute, or is there perhaps a specific point (ie a level) that they begin to experience problems at?

3. TW17

TW17 Member

???I've updated my driver and yes, the games run a couple of minutes or so before the problems begin.

4. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

maybe your video-cache is full after some minutes? What happends if you minimize the emulator for 10 seconds?

5. TW17

TW17 Member

I've tried starting a game in a normal window as well as full screen and get the same results with both. The strange thing is espxe runs flawlessly as does jnes.

6. skelevisi0n

skelevisi0n Active Member

You could try the 1.6 beta version, sometimes they have fixes. I'm using the latest beta and it works like a dream on any ROM i throw at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.