1. This forum is in read-only mode.

project 64 problem...that makes no sence!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hi again, I downloaded version 6, runs great with resident evil 2, I exit out, go back in, it refuses to run, saying this-

"Unhandled R4300i OpOode at:8000470C
    Break

Stoping emulation!"

I have uninstalled it, re-installed it, have not touched any settings at all since 3rd attempt, is it my laptop, as I said, runs great first use, exit out and here we go again!

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

sorry again, juts before you say it-i have tried using the other graphics plug in-well guys?

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

thats a fault with the emulator, it's trying to execute an opcode it doesn't understand

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

well what should I do, download another emulator, and which type?

Or is there something I can do with this one?

5. Loonylion

try 1964.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...anything better, they version i got was dodgy (after i set up controls it just played garbled graphics)

7. Fearon

Fearon Well-Known Member

Are you sure you got version 6. I've got version 1.6 and it works great, so if it's not the same one try that out.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I should add-I'm using vista, if that is any help...

9. Fearon

Fearon Well-Known Member

Oh, well I'm not sure but it may be a factor. XP for me. You may have to wait for an updated version or something like that

10. skelevisi0n

skelevisi0n Active Member

I doubt Vista is a factor. Try a ROM from another site, it could be a bad dump.

11. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It is not a bad dump. Our N64 collection is a goodset, which means it's tagged based on if the dump was verified or not. And resident evil just happens to have only [!] tags, so it can't be a bad dump.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...i thought that at first, but if it works 100 percent the first time, why play up the second?

..um also just to mention, I didn't get that rom from here, I didn't want it originally, I thought it was a homebrew ds game but decided to keep it XD

could bad dumps do that, work perfect the first time, then play up the second, and THEN repeat after reinstalling (works good first time after reinstall, runs bad second go on newly reinstalled, uninstall,repeat)

13. Loonylion

No, that would infer the contents of the rom file changes, which isn't possible.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...so what can i do?

15. Loonylion

try downloading ours

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...i might as well, but my net is slowing right down so it'll take hours...might do it another time.

I just find the problem annoying, it plays fine after a fresh install, played for over an hour, second time the op code error comes up not letting me play any of it...

uninstalled it, then reinstall, works perfect played 2 hours, then...it fails again...

And it repeats-i still blame vista-but then again, who know's-strange way for the rom to mess up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.