1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Project 64 Graphical Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by icantname, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icantname

icantname Member

I downloaded project 64 and super smash bros. about 2 to 3 days ago. The game ran fine, even this morning, until this afternoon when I got back. When I start the game I am able to go to single player mode, select my character, and start the match. However, right before the clock begins to count down for the match to begin my screen goes black for a second and when the picture comes back up the project 64 window is black (but it's still running, and I can hear the sounds.)

I've found that I can fix it, temporarily, by going to Configure Graphics Plugins and changing the Windowed Resolution to any other size than the current one. However, every couple of matches or so the screen goes black again and I must change the resolution, again. I'm wondering if there is a permanent fix for this or if anyone can help me solve this problem. I'm running vista on this laptop and my graphics card is Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family. Thanks for any help I can get.

2. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

try reinstalling Project 64

3. icantname

icantname Member

Would that erase any save files I have? Including save state files? If so, how can I back them up to use when I reinstall project 64?

4. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

go to whatever directory PJ64 is saving your games to, and save them in another folder, or your desktop. and then, whenever you reinstall it, just copy them back into the directory

5. icantname

icantname Member

Awesome, thanks for the help.

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I think no..
    Just save your savefiles(just in case) at other places,e.g desktop or My document.
    You can check where you place your savefile at your directory settings. :)

But,
    P64 still have problem in its graphical issue with some of 64 games.even if you have a good graphic card or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.