1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Project 64 emulator crashes during playing harvest moon 64 - any solutions?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mrsmes, May 2, 2010.

1. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

any solutions to prevent the game from freezing after opening the inventory with the start button would be nice, or you could tell me about a newer better emulator or updated version of project 64 which won't crash on this game while opening the inventory.
    so any solutions?
    there is a few .cht cheat files from a DSI for the first person to post please note i currently only have pokemon pearl .cht files.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

This is probably due to in part by the emulator not fully supporting Harvest Moon 64. Do a test to find out.

At Project64's load ROM window go look at Harvest Moon 64's information, usually the emulator says if a ROM is fully supported/compatible with the emulator or not. Also, go into Project 64's help files. Once the "help" topics window opens look for compatibility list in the options & read through the information to know if Project 64 supports the game or not.

If it says it needs a few tweaks via special plug ins, go to the emulator's menu bar & look for the video plug ins options. When you find it, click on the Advanced option to see the other hidden plug in options it has. Be warned though that this work around plug ins are game specific, do not keep them on at all times! Use them only with specific games that need em.

If that doesn't help, try using 1964:

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/n64/1964.html

Maybe it has better compatibility with Harvest Moon 64 :)

I hope this helps you out :)

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try using different graphic plugins.
    Option -> Settings

4. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Or try to emulate it on your Wii if you have one...