1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Project 64 crashes after loading textures.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by KMcVay, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KMcVay

KMcVay New Member

Hi everyone. I have a bit of a problem and did quite a bit of research but never found a solution. I have downloaded a few texture packs for some N64 roms and I am positive that I've done everything correctly. I got the Rice Video plugin, put them in the correct locations, made the "hires_texture" folder and everything. I even made sure that the Rom name on the texture pack is correct. When I load the texture pack, it loads perfectly and seems to be working but after loading I get the "Project 64.exe stopped working." message. For some odd reason, this only happens with my desktop computer and my laptop that has Windows XP can run textures perfectly. I made sure that I had the latest video card driver as well. Here are my basic system specs in case anyone is wondering:

CPU: AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core Processor 2.40 GHz
    RAM: 8.0 GB DDR2
    Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 9500 GS (512 MB GDDR2 Memory)
    Sound: ALC 888S chipset (High Definition 8-channel audio)
    Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit with Service Pack 1
    Hard Drive: 750GB SATA Internal HDD; 1TB USB External HDD; 500GB 3.5" IDE Internal HDD

I don't know why Project 64 (Version 1.6) crashes after loading textures and am not sure if it's a problem with Windows Vista or with the emulator itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
    P.S. I've just tested this with Project 64 (Version 1.7) AND 1964 and they both stop responding after loading textures as well!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I'd wager it's either Vista or the 64 bit OS that is causing the problem.

Check to see if the Rice plugin creators have any updates or compatibility fixes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.