1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Project 64 3d

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rockraven500, Jun 20, 2010.

1. rockraven500

rockraven500 New Member

Could someone link me to a tutorial on how project 64 can run 3d by running two pictures side by side, and not with different colours, as i dont have 3d glasses. And don't link me to google, i haven't found anything like what i want there.

2. Batman168

Batman168 Well-Known Member

uhh, the only way I can think of doing that would be to get a camtasia-ish program, and just have the live preview running right beside the pj64 window, or get a dev to create a video plugin for it, but idk anybody who would do that (dev's aren't always the nicest)

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it would have to be in different colours...

4. Batman168

Batman168 Well-Known Member

There are pictures all around the internet that are just side by side that are for defocusing your eyes on, idk how they work, but you apparently just get close and squint, I was not telling how impractical or that it didn't make sense to do it, I was just answering the best I could. To answer the question if you wouldn't have said that doesn't have different colors,

There's a series of computer monitors that are called the iz3d monitors
    and on their website they have a driver for their monitors, but it'll work with any computer monitor, they work best with anaglyph, or stereoscopic glasses, which aren't that expensive, you could buy them on the internet for... 2 USD.

Here's the download site :
    http://www.iz3d.com/driver

And here's a youtube video to decide which kind of 3d glasses you have/should use which also demonstrates the iz3d driver:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=822kH5Fu8SM

5. Cheesewizard

Cheesewizard Well-Known Member

what he means is "cross eye 3d" it tricks you eyes into overlaying the images making them 3d, (your basically crossing your eyes over)

cross eye 3d doesn't use colours or light or anything, it uses "how your eyes work normally" to see 3d. look it up

if there is a 3d video plugin for this then im quite interested ^^

6. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

...you need either something like the 3DS or 3D glasses...

7. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Or the ability to cross your eyes.

I think what the OP means is something like this:
    http://bill.webstyl.ru/video/yJ037TX3dow/StarFox-64-Anaglyphic-Red-Cyan-3D.html
    But instead of using red/green glasses, they just want to have the images side by side so you can cross your eyes. Is that right, rockraven500?

8. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

It seems like making something continuously emit cross eye 3D would be horribly difficult, if not impossible. I don't see a way to make this possible if the emulator can't already do it.

You are more than likely chasing an impossibility.

9. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Hm. I've never heard of this, but all I have to say about it is how are people trying to play n64 in 3D when I cant get a lugin to play mystical Ninjas 64...

10. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

If the emulator can already emit a red/green 3D image, surely that means it has two video streams. Why could it not have an option to have the images in normal colour, and simply have them side by side? The only thing that would be difficult about it would be keeping your eyes crossed for ages. (I'm not saying I could make the emu do this, but whoever worked out how to get it in 3D should be able to, I think...)